View Full Version : Another reason I'm glad I don't live in Tulsa..... (Tulsa Neighbors from hell)

BBatesokc
01-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Tulsa, Oklahoma - Neighbors from hell: Homeowners capture family next door street fighting, drag racing and pulling guns on each other (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3392939/The-neighbors-hell-Homeowners-capture-family-friends-door-street-fighting-drag-racing-pulling-guns-two-years.html)...

Below is the video from the article above....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gie1ULuDb7E

BBatesokc
01-13-2016, 05:03 PM
This is a longer version.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Khr12J03c

Urbanized
01-13-2016, 09:06 PM
OMG that was Tulsa? I watched that whole video this weekend. Thought it must've been somewhere more...southeast.

BBatesokc
01-14-2016, 04:05 AM
I kid about it being Tulsa - which it apparently is - but this could be several places in OKC.

Wish I would have had cameras on the exterior of my house when I lived in the hood near SE 44 and Sooner/Eastern. Rampant home burglaries, drive by shootings, domestic assaults and general mayhem on a regular basis.

Urbanized
01-14-2016, 06:02 AM
By the way, if you watch the video be forewarned that there is a gunshot suicide and a separate pit bull attack of a child. Everything in that video is fueled by meth. There is a chronological version that shows the descent into meth hell.

adaniel
01-14-2016, 08:44 AM
Red Fork....has to be in Red Fork.

And yes, that area visibly shows the scourge of meth abuse. I'll never forget stopping at the QuikTrip right off 44 and the dude behind the counter was literally biting his face. He also had that Walking Dead zombie look with sunk in cheeks and eyes.

Swake
01-14-2016, 09:09 AM
I've seen the address online, I can't seem to find it right now. Anyway, the house is in west Tulsa north of the river near Charles Page Blvd, almost to Sand Springs. Not a good area at all.

Swake
01-14-2016, 09:14 AM
I've seen the address online, I can't seem to find it right now. Anyway, the house is in west Tulsa north of the river near Charles Page Blvd, almost to Sand Springs. Not a good area at all.

Found it, 453 S 51st W Ave Tulsa, Ok
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tulsa,+OK/@36.1500881,-96.0494615,3a,75y,278.23h,73.78t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sgxplepzRo7Xr2rVgRND3Eg!2e0!6s% 2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DgxplepzRo7Xr2 rVgRND3Eg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_ sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26y aw%3D13.545872%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1! 1s0x87b692b8ddd12e8f:0xe76910c81bd96af7!6m1!1e1

rezman
01-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Looks like a fine neighborhood. Almost 2 years by the video time stamps. And that's just what's on video. The neighbors put up with it a hell of a lot longer than I would have.

zookeeper
01-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Multiply this neighborhood times hundreds across the country. Could have been anywhere.

Urbanized
01-15-2016, 06:05 AM
There's a reddit topic on this, and the guy who shot the video comments in the thread and clears up many of the questions people have. And yes, Junior did die from the self-inflicted gunshot.

mkjeeves
01-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Multiply this neighborhood times hundreds across the country. Could have been anywhere.

Bingo. I had neighbors almost that bad in OKC for a few years in the early 80's. They finally got evicted. No guns involved but there was a guy with a knife chasing one of them around one afternoon.

BBatesokc
01-15-2016, 07:00 AM
There's a reddit topic on this, and the guy who shot the video comments in the thread and clears up many of the questions people have. And yes, Junior did die from the self-inflicted gunshot.

Link?

Urbanized
01-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Reddit+Tulsa+neighbors+from+hell+YouTube)

Stew
01-16-2016, 11:54 AM
I think this is the link to the Reddit topic mentioned above.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/3zz65i/guy_records_his_****ty_neighbors_for_3_years/

BBatesokc
01-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Reddit+Tulsa+neighbors+from+hell+YouTube)

Don't really get the snarky LMGTFY response. There are several threads on Reddit regarding that video and depending on exactly what words you Google search for you come up with some of the threads, but not all - and without reading each thread you have no idea if its the SPECIFIC one you were referring to. Example: your snarky LMGTFY didn't even find the thread linked by Stew - which actually provided even more specific info. Yet, I have no idea if THAT'S the thread you were talking about.

Thanks Stew.

Urbanized
01-16-2016, 04:10 PM
My job isn't to go hunt down links on demand. I mentioned the thread because I happened past it previously, but didn't feel it merited going back out and finding it, just to back up the casual info that I casually passed along. And I damn sure didn't feel like researching it after the curt "link?" prompting; which is usually Internet shorthand for "can you back that up?"

Just like a LMGTFY link is time-honored Internet shorthand for everything I typed in the previous paragraph.

zookeeper
01-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Well, a community helps each other. I find links all the time for people. Brian gives a lot more than he takes, asking for a link is pretty benign.

Swake
01-16-2016, 07:13 PM
It's a slippery slope, first you act like a jerk over a link then you end up methed out crawling through dog feces to steal your neighbors spare tire.

Urbanized
01-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Well, a community helps each other. I find links all the time for people...
Of course you do. We all do. Rarely are those links demanded of you, however. As for sharing, that's what I was doing when I shared a tidbit I had read previously.

"Link?" wasn't an ask. That was a terse demand, just like it pretty much always is when someone says "link?" You'd might as well just say "prove it." And even if not, LMGTFY is every bit as benign. I don't recall ever having seen someone get their feelings hurt over it.

Uptowner
01-17-2016, 04:19 PM
I grew up on the south side in what used to be a really nice neighborhood. Next door neighbor moved away w/ new hubby and left her teenage daughter with the house. Mom paid the bills so no one really had to work for shelter. It became a party house without countless occupants depending on who she was shacking up with - half broken down cars all over the street. And at one point some one lived in a pickup camper in the driveway...sans the pickup. Over the years their favorite hobby became drinking liquor and smoking various substances on the front porch. I'd often get up for work and they'd still be there from the night before. They had hound dogs and pit bulls that loved to bark. And one of the boyfriends shot himself while I was in my kitchen. The bullet went through his window and lodged into my garage where it still sits. There were plenty of front yard brawls and drug deals. One of the fellas even owned 2 pairs of boxing gloves so they could spar in the yard. No one called the cops out of fear after they " allegedly" egged and spray painted the house across the street they day after they called.

Needless to say I moved. Point being: it only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the bunch. It really was a nice neighborhood.

Bill Robertson
01-17-2016, 05:00 PM
Back to the OP of why I'm glad I don't live in Tulsa. My brother-in-law and I spent the weekend in Tulsa. I drove. I admit I'm a very "considerate" non-agressive driver. But, I got honked at SIX TIMES. I can't remember the last time I got honked at in OKC. And it wasn't because I don't know my way around Tulsa. I spend a lot of time in Tulsa. They just seem to be in mose of a hurry there than here.

Laramie
01-18-2016, 11:12 AM
I kid about it being Tulsa - which it apparently is - but this could be several places in OKC.

Wish I would have had cameras on the exterior of my house when I lived in the hood near SE 44 and Sooner/Eastern. Rampant home burglaries, drive by shootings, domestic assaults and general mayhem on a regular basis.

Every major & some minor cities are familiar with crime. As Oklahoma City continues to grow (population & places) don't be surprised to see these horrible incidents. Could this be OKC's future?

There are places in the United States where police won't go...

Thanks for sharing, Brian.