View Full Version : Heartless in Indy

kelroy55
01-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Be careful of what you rant about on the internet......

A customer's complaint went viral on social media after she complained about lack of service because another patron was having a heart attack.

Public shaming is nothing new. The Greeks ostracized those with whom they did not agree. The Puritans forced adulterous women to don a scarlet A. And now the Internet allows rebukes that might once have been private or witnessed by a few people to go viral all over the world.

An Indianapolis woman’s insensitive screed on a local bar’s Facebook page sparked a scathing response from one of the bar staff, which has now been shared thousands of times and made headlines. The exchange also illuminates an inescapable reality of social media today: When speaking with a cyber-bullhorn, mind what you say or the mob will flog you.

Not long after midnight on Jan. 1 a woman left a post on Kilroy's Facebook page saying she would never return “after the way we were treated when we spent $700+ and having our meal ruined by watching a dead person being wheeled out from an overdose."

Chris Burton, a managing partner at Kilroy’s, replied to the post, saying that the person in trouble was actually an older woman who had a heart attack and thankfully was revived.

“It sounds like you were very concerned about her so I thought you should know," he said. "But I can completely understand why you think being intoxicated ... (jerks who) didn't understand your bill should take priority over a human life."

The managers Facebook response is priceless......

Criticism of Kilroy's illuminates risks of Facebook rants (http://www.indystar.com/story/life/food/2016/01/04/kilroys-goes-viral-after-response-angry-customer/78252026/)

Of Sound Mind
01-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Love the manager's response...

Bullbear
01-05-2016, 08:12 AM
I had read that yesterday. what a brat! glad the manager told her to F off!