View Full Version : OU-Texas game moving

Patrick
09-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, this has been tossed around for years.....the OU-Texas game being moved. I've always been opposed to the move, because there's so much tradition in having it at the Cotton Bowl. But, I'm beginning to see Boren's point. The OU-Texas game draws a lot of tax dollars to Dallas. That's all good and fine, but if Dallas wants to keep the game there they need to improve Cotton Bowl Stadium. With the last lease agreement they promised to make many improvements to Cotton Bowl Stadium. Thus far, the city of Dallas hasn't kept their word.
As far as I'm concerned, if the city of Dallas isn't going to make the improvements to keep the game there, might as well move the game, and alternate between Austin and Norman.

------------
"OU-Texas moving?

University of Oklahoma President David Boren said the OU-Texas football series has a greater chance than ever of becoming a home-and-home series, the Norman Transcript reported Tuesday.
Boren told the paper that the city of Dallas' unwillingness to improve the Cotton Bowl, coupled with recent football stadium renovations at both universities, are turning the tide toward the Longhorns coming soon to Norman.

The game will remain at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, on the State Fair of Texas grounds, at least until 2008. "

dirtrider73068
09-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't ever want the ou-texas game here, norman has enough traffic problems with ou games now as it is. Just think with ou-texas game here it would be worse and there may be vandalism problems too.

venture
09-21-2005, 11:42 PM
The Cotton Bowl isn't up to the standards for the OU-Texas Game, but it is okay for the bowl game? Ouch. To think, they were actually thinking about making it the 5th BCS bowl.

PUGalicious
09-22-2005, 04:50 AM
I wouldn't ever want the ou-texas game here, norman has enough traffic problems with ou games now as it is. Just think with ou-texas game here it would be worse and there may be vandalism problems too.
How would it be any different than any of OU's other rivalry games, like OU-OSU or OU-Nebraska. The stadium is pretty much filled to capacity now on game days. How would the traffic be that much worse if you can't fit that many more people into the stadium? Besides, we'll take Texans money. The economic impact moves from Dallas to Norman and Austin. It would be a great boost for local businesses.

Patrick
09-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I think once the Dallas Cowboys get a new stadium to play in, they'll be moving the Cotton Bowl there.