View Full Version : Christmas Eve Dining

ljbab728
12-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have some good suggestions for dining in the evening on Christmas Eve? My daughter and her fiancé want to take me out to eat. She wanted to go to Packards but they are closing at 3PM. He has to work until 5 so it has to be in the evening.

Pete
12-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Meat Market Refectory is open regular hours on Christmas Eve. Beautiful place and near where you live.

Cafe 501 in Classen Curve is open; people tend to forget about it in favor of the newer places but I love the space and the food is always good.

Whiskey Cake will be open and I really like that place.

Pete
12-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Stella is another good option, as is the Viceroy Grille at the Ambassador Hotel.

sooner88
12-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Broadway 10, Mahogany, Park House, Flint, Paseo Grill, Mantle, La Brasa, Guernsey.... Look at Open Table, there a lot of options.

ljbab728
12-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Broadway 10, Mahogany, Park House, Flint, Paseo Grill, Mantle, La Brasa, Guernsey.... Look at Open Table, there a lot of options.

Thanks for the Open Table suggestion. I used them before but didn't think about it for this.

Celebrator
12-20-2015, 11:58 PM
That's funny, because I was calling around tonight for places in and around the CBD and every one I called was going to be closed Christmas Eve, so I gave up and decided to make dinner for our guests instead. I called places that were most definitely in the bracket below the places mentioned above--but we have five little ones amongst our group, and we ain't hittin' up BWay 10 with that crew.

tfvc.org
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
I don't know about Christmas Eve but on Christmas my dad and I alway eat at Himalayas. I think they close early though.

ljbab728
12-21-2015, 08:47 PM
We decided on Whiskey Cake. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Pete
12-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Glad you found a good spot!

I really need to get back to Whiskey Cake as I've only been there once and really liked it a great deal. Need to try their brunch.

Are they still crazy busy most the time?

Uptowner
12-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Pretty busy most all of the time. Especially this close to Christmas, and the mall... Their brunch is great.

Thomas Vu
12-21-2015, 09:08 PM
Love Whiskey Cake. Best part is that you don't walk out feeling like crap (portion appropriate)

sooner88
12-22-2015, 07:29 AM
Love Whiskey Cake. Best part is that you don't walk out feeling like crap (portion appropriate)

I've been there a couple of times and need to go back and try it. The one time I went for lunch I had a sandwich that could have easily been for two... it was comically big. The sandwich was really good though, so can't complain that I had leftovers.

Questor
12-26-2015, 02:00 PM
I was out around town early on Christmas Eve and noticed, and got a kick out of, seeing pretty much every Asian restraraunt in town completely packed. I guess I've seen A Christmas Story one too many times. Anyway, lots of options in that cuisine genre.

I don't remember if they do it Christmas Eve or Day or both, but The Skirvin Hotel has some awesome options.

soonermike81
12-26-2015, 05:37 PM
I was out around town early on Christmas Eve and noticed, and got a kick out of, seeing pretty much every Asian restraraunt in town completely packed. I guess I've seen A Christmas Story one too many times. Anyway, lots of options in that cuisine genre.

I don't remember if they do it Christmas Eve or Day or both, but The Skirvin Hotel has some awesome options.

Yeah, we drove by Chow's on Christmas Eve and it was just as packed as it would be on a regular Saturday night. And since we like Chow's so much, we decided to go there for dinner on Christmas Day, and it was packed out again. Food was outstanding as always though.

Questor
12-28-2015, 08:28 PM
Hmm where is Chow's? I don't know that one.

tfvc.org
12-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Hmm where is Chow's? I don't know that one.

SW corner of N30th and May.