View Full Version : Where Are the Charity Auctions?

cindycat
12-15-2015, 12:06 PM
I posted this question in another part of the forum a year ago. I got one reply. I'm trying again and maybe another reader will be able to help.

All the years we worked at Tinker AFB we donated to the Combined Federal Campaign (similar to United Way.) After we retired, we found that charity auctions were a wonderful way to donate money. The best thing about them was all the "stuff" we bought... a hot-air balloon ride, a helicopter flight to see Christmas lights, dinners with local celebrity chefs...and many more. We moved away from OKC for eight years and now that we're back, we're looking for those events again. Aerospace America is no more, the Firehouse Chocolate Festival no longer has an auction, the Free-to-Live auction was much smaller than before. What are some other charity auctions in the area? We've got money to donate!!

Urbanized
12-16-2015, 09:14 PM
I'd recommend Chocolate Decadence (benefits Automobile Alley special projects), Taste of Oklahoma City (benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters) and Snow Ball (OK Foster Wishes), for starters. All great events and great causes.