View Full Version : Tonight: Dog Day in December

Pete
12-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Been meaning to post about this cool event that is happening in Midtown tonight.

I'll be there with my yellow Lab, so look for me and say hello if you attend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1628118690744059/

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11221717_978383685533346_115487469874844450_n.jpg? oh=407a0571e6306ba47081d9533299dbeb&oe=56DE993F

Bring the pups and enjoy a pet-friendly Dog Day in December holiday party on Friday, December 4 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Midtown Mutts Dog Park.

Dogs will take photos with Santa and enjoy Milk Bones and Cookies. Adults will enjoy cocktails and camaraderie. This event is free to enter for all ages, but beverages and photos will have a small fee.

DJ Jon Mooneyham will provide the tunes, and we're hosting a dog costume contest, a raffle, dilent auction, and other activities. Plus the first 30 people to donate $50 or more will take home a "Wag Bag" full of goodies such as VIP passes to Wine & Palette, t-shirts, Devon Ice Rink tickets, watches, and more. Come out and support a great cause! Snow S'more and the Saucee Sicilian food trucks will be on site!

All proceeds benefit “I Am Not Alone,” a veterinary care program to help the pets of the homeless. This event is sponsored by The Midtown Association and Downtown OKC, Inc. Donations will be accepted. For more information, visit DowntowninDecember.com.

Raffle Items, Silent Auction Items, and Costume Contest Prizes donated by:
Cafe 7
Wine and Palette
Elemental Coffee Roasters
Kickoff Couture
The Black Scintilla
Downtown OKC, Inc.

Pete
12-05-2015, 10:35 AM
This was a great event and very well attended.

Hundreds of dogs and people and very well organized.

I'm sure they raised a ton of money... Hope it becomes an annual event.

Urbanized
12-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Downtown OKC Inc. continues to hit it out of the park.

Jeepnokc
12-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Not sure about this comment. Last year they asked all of us in film row to pay for lights and installation which we did. Haven't gotten an answer to my email as far as why the lights weren't put up this year in Film Row. We weren't even asked this year if we would pay for install....just didn't happen. I asked Film row and they said DT OKC issue.

Pete
12-05-2015, 11:20 AM

Totally agree. It's amazing how much they do and how well they do it.

Urbanized
12-05-2015, 02:01 PM
It was a great event.

Pete
12-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Not sure about this comment. Last year they asked all of us in film row to pay for lights and installation which we did. Haven't gotten an answer to my email as far as why the lights weren't put up this year in Film Row. We weren't even asked this year if we would pay for install....just didn't happen. I asked Film row and they said DT OKC issue.

Pretty sure this was an issue with the decorations being too heavy to string across the street, as was the plan.

Jeepnokc
12-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Pretty sure this was an issue with the decorations being too heavy to string across the street, as was the plan.

I'm talking about the lights around the top of the buildings. Last year, they came to us and asked us to purchase lights for the buildings and they had a crew that would put up and take down. We were charged separately for the lights and the install. The lights are somewhere now but are not back up on our buildings this year.