View Full Version : Construction starting

russellc
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
On the SW corner of 19th and Telephone there is a foundation and steel has been delivered. Is this Super Target or Home Depot?

On the NW corner of 19th and Telephone there is a little building going up. I didn't think that piece of land was big enough to build anything. Does anyone know what it will be.

A shopping center is just about to start construction closer to Santa Fe, across from the country club. I think it is called Camden Village. It will be 30,000 sq/ft.

Does anyone know when the La Quinta, Warren Theater or the Fire Mountain will be starting construction.

The Riverwalk Crossing shopping center is taking forever to build. The walls went up fast, and then they almost stopped for about a month.

mranderson
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM
I imagine the building you describe is the new theater. Home Depot is to be around Santa Fe, and the new Target Super Center is not in Moore. It will be in the 12200 block of S. Western.

chrisok
09-20-2005, 05:20 PM
The construction at 19th and Telephone Rd. is the Home Depot. Not sure what the small building will be. Whatever it is going to be, it won't be large. The Warren Thearte will start construction in 2-3 months and take a year to complete.

Haven't heard anything lately on the motel or Fire Mountain.

Intrepid
09-20-2005, 06:01 PM
I imagine the building you describe is the new theater. Home Depot is to be around Santa Fe, and the new Target Super Center is not in Moore. It will be in the 12200 block of S. Western.

That location would place it between 119th (12th street in Moore) and 134th (4th street in Moore). I can't imagine where there would be enough room for a Super Target. There's a Conoco, a tire center, a church, a restaurant, Westmoore High School and a rather large apartment complex all located between 119th and 134th, and that's just on the west side of Western. The east side is also filled with various business and another apartment complex as well as a Greenbriar housing edition.

I don't claim to know where it will be located, I'm just wondering where it would be placed if the general area you are describing is correct.

:tiphat:

mranderson
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
That location would place it between 119th (12th street in Moore) and 134th (4th street in Moore). I can't imagine where there would be enough room for a Super Target. There's a Conoco, a tire center, a church, a restaurant, Westmoore High School and a rather large apartment complex all located between 119th and 134th, and that's just on the west side of Western. The east side is also filled with various business and another apartment complex as well as a Greenbriar housing edition.

I don't claim to know where it will be located, I'm just wondering where it would be placed if the general area you are describing is correct.

Yes. It is between O'Reilys and Westmoore. There is a delapedated farm there which will be demolished soon. That is plenty of land for the Target and parking.

Intrepid
09-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Yes. It is between O'Reilys and Westmoore. There is a delapedated farm there which will be demolished soon. That is plenty of land for the Target and parking.

Oh wow! I did not know that the old farm land had been sold. Very interesting. A target there is sure going to make traffic a LOT busier than it already is, especially when school is in session.

Thanks for the info...

russellc
09-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I had heard they were looking for land for a Super Target around the Riverwalk in Moore. Didn't know they had changed it. Thanks for the info.

Intrepid
09-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I had heard they were looking for land for a Super Target around the Riverwalk in Moore. Didn't know they had changed it. Thanks for the info.

Target gave up on that project some time ago and the land went to Kohl's. Now, whether or not there has been any deals since then, I do not know.

The Norman office for the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission was to have handled the hiring for the Target in Moore, but that fell through when Target pulled out. My mom is the office manager for that office in Norman.

russellc
09-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I heard only a couple of months ago that they were looking to buy the old Sams club in Moore, or possibly building behind Kohl's on the west side of Telephone Rd., but that could just be rumor, I don't know.

russellc
09-22-2005, 11:16 AM
2 days ago there was just a slab at the Home Depot, today the whole front of the building is up.

Intrepid
09-22-2005, 11:22 AM
2 days ago there was just a slab at the Home Depot, today the whole front of the building is up.

You'd think that since I live in Moore, I'd know where it's going to be located. Alas, I do not. What part of the city is it located?

:doh:

russellc
09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
It's on SW 19th just west of Telephone Rd. It is facing north toward the Aldi grocery store.

Intrepid
09-23-2005, 01:04 PM
It's on SW 19th just west of Telephone Rd. It is facing north toward the Aldi grocery store.

I'll have to go by there this weekend. I haven't been over that way in a while.

Thanks!

Luke
09-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I know Starbucks is going to put in a location off I-35 in Moore. This could be the smaller slab?

russellc
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I had thought about that. It very well could be.

Jay
09-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh wow! I did not know that the old farm land had been sold. Very interesting. A target there is sure going to make traffic a LOT busier than it already is, especially when school is in session.

Thanks for the info...

That area is large enough for a Super Target. I know Westmoore's property runs back at least a quarter mile back from Western. There is quite a bit of open land between OReilly and Westmoore. (maybe enough to support Target and few other big box stores)

I would expect Target to do something classy to blend in with the school. I would think they would install some type of buffer between the store.

I am just curious to know if the store will face Western or 119th. I would think the store would face 119th Street just to create a buffer between the school and the stores parking lot.

If this development does take place. I would put money on that Moore will goes to closed campus lunches if they are not already. Putnam City did that a few years ago with their high schools.

russellc
09-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Moore Highschool wouldn't be able to have closed lunches. Their lunch room holds maybe 200 people, so they would have to have 10 different lunches.

floater
09-26-2005, 03:06 PM

Woo hoo!! I can finally go "Wal-Mart free" myself.

Intrepid
09-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Moore Highschool wouldn't be able to have closed lunches. Their lunch room holds maybe 200 people, so they would have to have 10 different lunches.

Yeah, both Moore and Westmoore would have a difficult time with closed campuses.

Jay
09-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Woo hoo!! I can finally go "Wal-Mart free" myself.

I have been that way for six months now. Super Target is my store.

russellc
10-09-2005, 06:28 PM
La Quinta Broke ground this week on the corner of 19th and the west side I-35 service road.