View Full Version : Cosco, Edmond

soonergal
11-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Channel 4 indicates a Cosco is going in Bryant Square at 2nd and Bryant...moving out tenants w/o much notice... some think it may be a Zio or Ulta moving in..anyone know..none of the three businesses are answering questions..

FighttheGoodFight
11-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Did you read the article? They literally have only word of mouth of people around there. I don't think Costco is going in there.

Edmond businesses forced to move: Is Costco the reason why? | KFOR.com (http://kfor.com/2015/11/24/edmond-businesses-forced-to-move-is-costco-the-reason-why/)

Pete
11-24-2015, 03:39 PM
It's not Costco, I am very sure of that.

Plutonic Panda
11-24-2015, 03:46 PM
It's not Costco, I am very sure of that.Have you heard anything?

BBatesokc
11-24-2015, 08:28 PM
I couldn't imagine a Costco going in there. I don't see any way their marketing research would support one in that location. But, i am glad to see some big changes.

Zorba
11-24-2015, 09:10 PM
There was a thread about the businesses being cleared out on here a few months back. So this isn't really news. No way is it Costco though. I am hoping for BuyBuyBaby, personally.

Edit: Here's the thread http://www.okctalk.com/edmond/40879-2nd-bryant.html

Brett
11-25-2015, 03:40 AM
" I am hoping for BuyBuyBaby, personally."

In the market for a Cosco car seat? JK

soonergal
11-26-2015, 08:12 AM
well, sorry...but I've tried more than three times to correct this and can not edit the spelling so have fun ....

poe
11-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Fresh Market maybe?

Spartan
11-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Y'all excited for some Cosco up in Edmond? Y'all should be.

Debzkidz
11-26-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't believe this at all. It would be great for me, but I just cannot see it happening. I would think they would want a location along a freeway somewhere, not in town.

bchris02
11-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Fresh Market maybe?

This would be nice. Hasn't the Fresh Market been looking at OKC for quite some time even though they have yet to pull the trigger?

Personally I would like to see a Fresh Market in the urban core. There is one in Midtown Memphis that is pretty nice and it would be cool to see something like that in OKC.

catch22
11-27-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm not going to renew my Costco membership I don't think. You end up spending so much money there just to save some money in the long run. It's just not economical if you don't make enough money to afford buying everything in bulk, or have enough people in the house to consume so much. It's a gimmick.

Pete
11-28-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm not going to renew my Costco membership I don't think. You end up spending so much money there just to save some money in the long run. It's just not economical if you don't make enough money to afford buying everything in bulk, or have enough people in the house to consume so much. It's a gimmick.

It doesn't make sense for a small household.

I used it a lot when I first bought my house in California because I needed so many things. And I also did huge parties, but of course out west they allow liquor and mixer sales.

I ended up just buying pet food there and the only reason that even made sense is because I have 3 big dogs that mow through a 50 pound bag in less than a month.

I broke down and joined Sam's here for the same dog food reason. Fortunately, they have pretty much the same private label food as Costco for just a bit more money.

I did buy a small microwave while I was in there as well but the truth is a single person or a couple really shouldn't be buying in these warehouse stores; it's far, far too much in terms of quantity and promotes bad eating habits (as any nutritionist will tell you).

oklip955
11-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Pete, I beg to differ on club memberships for small families and individuals. I shop there a lot and I'm one person who never has anyone over. I buy my tp, paper towels, trash bags (and yes I go through a lot of trash bags since I mow and bag an acre plus leaves) I also buy stuff like cleaning supplies, soap, tooth paste and specialty items like Christmas lights, books, workout clothing, printers, micro greens, cheese, some meat, and deserts for parties I'm invited to attend. I've gotten deals on tv's, and cameras. I guess I just like shopping there. I used to have a Costco membership when I was going to my eye doctor in KC every other week and drove by a Costco. I'd stop and shop on my way home. To me the items they offer is worth the price of membership.

BBatesokc
11-29-2015, 05:03 PM
I also disagree with the opinions above about membership clubs like Sam's and Cosco being a gimmick, or not cost effective for small families.

We've had a Sam's membership for decades and that whole time we've never been more than a family of 3 and for the most part are just a family of 2.

The whole, "you've got buy everything in bulk" is mostly a myth IMO. Sure they have some super sized items, but the stores are full of individual items and sizes that are not much more than say double what you'd get at Walmart or Target.

I shop at Sam's weekly for fruit, vegetables, frozen items and such. Every few months I stock up on cleaning and paper supplies. Not to mention I always look at Sam's first when buying TV's and other items that are often cheaper there.

I can buy food items, cleaning items, party items, appliances, clothes and office supplies. And, the fact I can do it as early as 7am when the store is basically empty is a big plus to me.

seaofchange
11-30-2015, 10:57 PM
I have had a Sam's membership for about 12 years now, even when I was single, and definitely have saved money. My husband and I use it for milk (generally $1 less than the grocery store), cheese (they have a pretty great selection at the one in Moore), butter, paper products, cleaning supplies, batteries and detergent. They have many organic options for a fraction of the cost of whole foods/sprouts (bananas, strawberries, couscous, olive oil among others) and not everything they have is necessarily bulk sizes. We also buy meat, portion them off into bags with 2 servings and freeze them for easy use later - it definitely saves us money. I spent about $15 on a pork loin recently, and once cut up we got 14 pork chops out of it, plus two roasts. You can't really beat that.

The membership is definitely cost effective for us.

jerrywall
12-01-2015, 08:39 AM
It doesn't make sense for a small household.

I used it a lot when I first bought my house in California because I needed so many things. And I also did huge parties, but of course out west they allow liquor and mixer sales.

I ended up just buying pet food there and the only reason that even made sense is because I have 3 big dogs that mow through a 50 pound bag in less than a month.

I broke down and joined Sam's here for the same dog food reason. Fortunately, they have pretty much the same private label food as Costco for just a bit more money.

I did buy a small microwave while I was in there as well but the truth is a single person or a couple really shouldn't be buying in these warehouse stores; it's far, far too much in terms of quantity and promotes bad eating habits (as any nutritionist will tell you).

Sam's was great when I had a retail store. Now, it's not worth it and I've ended my membership.

lasomeday
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I was in Wichita a few months ago and noticed they had one. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES WICHITA HAVE ONE AND WE DON"T!

bchris02
12-08-2015, 04:09 PM
I was in Wichita a few months ago and noticed they had one. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES WICHITA HAVE ONE AND WE DON"T!

A quick Google search shows that Wichita has a slightly higher median household income than does OKC. I am sure their high-income neighborhoods are more concentrated which also helps. If OKC continues focusing on infill, much of it being higher-income, it will become more attractive to better retailers.

zookeeper
12-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Could Pete or Martin maybe change the thread title? It blows the search when the OP misspelled the name of the company. Of course, as most know, it's Costco and not 'Cosco'.

bchris02
12-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Could Pete or Martin maybe change the thread title? It blows the search when the OP misspelled the name of the company. Of course, as most know, it's Costco and not 'Cosco'.

I think this location actually has a chance at landing a Cosco. Probably won't be a Costco though.

zookeeper
12-08-2015, 05:23 PM
I think this location actually has a chance at landing a Cosco. Probably won't be a Costco though.

HaHa...I believe you are right about that.