View Full Version : Your Top 5 Smart Phone Apps

BBatesokc
11-17-2015, 04:44 AM
We've done something like this in the past, but phone capabilities and apps are changing all the time. So, I thought I'd see what's out there that people are using....

My phone is literally loaded with apps, but in reality I only regularly use a handful.

What five apps on your phone do you use most often (at least once a week, if not daily)? Intentionally left out text messaging app, camera, etc.

I started with 5, but expanded my list to the top 10....

1. Twitter (news headlines and tech reviews mostly). Use it several times a day.
2. Facebook (maintain both personal and work related accounts). Use this app daily.
3. Craigslist Pro (I love to buy/sell used). Use this at least every other day.
4. Waze (this GPS on steroids is my must have navigation app). Use it several times a week.
5. Iris (a Lowe's product for home automation and security). Use it daily.
6. Snapseed (photo correction app). My goto photo app. Use weekly.
7. Photoshop Fix (photo correction app). My newest photo app. Use weekly.
8. Tivo (use to control my home Tivo and stream media to my phone). Use a few times a week.
9. Zombies Run (running app with a Walking Dead zombie theme). Use a few times a week when I run.
10. DJI Go (my Drone app). Use it periodically 3-5 times month.

Tundra
11-17-2015, 05:28 AM
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Reel pro smart remote, for the tv
eBay

Roger S
11-17-2015, 05:47 AM
Facebook
Instagram
Mesonet
Fitbit
Nextdoor

Since I deleted the Zomato app the TripAdvisor app is starting to creep up the list.

MadMonk
11-17-2015, 05:55 AM
Baconreader - Reddit app
Out of Milk - sort of a grocery list app, but I use it for lots of different check-off lists.
Untappd - Social beer appreciation app
Remind - app for getting notices from my kid's teachers
My Radar - weather radar

Other than email and text messaging, those are the ones I currently use the most.

trousers
11-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Twitter
Spotify
Untappd
Roku (remote for Roku 3)
Weather Bug

elitespy
11-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Facebook
Fotmob
Wunderground
Instagram
Spotify

jerrywall
11-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Facebook, Accuweather, Pandora, IheartRadio, Twitter

jerrywall
11-17-2015, 08:29 AM
For fun, throw in simpson's Tapped Out, Family Guy, and Candy Crush Soda Saga. And Untapped to track my beers.

David
11-17-2015, 09:31 AM
SwiftKey
MyFitnessPal
Runkeeper
Pacer
Pizza Hut (Hey, if you run a lot you have a big calorie deficit you can spend on food :tongue:)

ljbab728
11-17-2015, 09:05 PM
None. ;)

catch22
11-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Twitter
Instagram
Snapchat
WardenCam (to spy on my dog when away from the house)
Xfinity TV Remote

I deleted the Facebook app because of how much battery it hogs even when the app is closed. I use the Safari browser and just access the mobile Facebook website when I want to use Facebook.

stick47
11-18-2015, 06:03 AM
Notification Toggle - Adds settings & Apps to Androids Pulldown Bar
All Stays - RV Campground Rating App
Gas Buddy
Fox Fi - Turns your Android phone into a Wifi hotspot
Torque - Bluetooth scantool for OBD2 vehicles

mkjeeves
11-18-2015, 06:45 AM
Facebook
Google Calendar (cloud calendar I was using with my PC.)
Pandora
Dropbox
The Weather Channel
Mezonet (wind maps mostly)

AP
11-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Snapchat

After those four, there are a ton I use about the same. The millennial in me just can't resist those social media apps.

OkieHornet
11-18-2015, 09:18 AM
I deleted the Facebook app because of how much battery it hogs even when the app is closed. I use the Safari browser and just access the mobile Facebook website when I want to use Facebook.

i did this too and my iphone 5s seems to last a little longer now. the background activity from the fbook app seems to be an issue with some phones.

MagzOK
11-18-2015, 11:50 AM
SeeClickFix (OKC GOV) to report potholes or other city-related issues. I love this app!
Facebook
Instagram
Mesonet
Amazon

OKCisOK4me
11-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Chrome
RadarScope Pro
Google Maps
Facebook
Netflix

I have Spotify on the next scrollable page as a widgit along with three games I play, those being SimCity BuildIt, Clash of Clans and Star Wars: Commander.

I also have an app on that page that I absolutely love called Yonder. It's like an Instagram app for outdoor enthusiasts. The creators of the app are so cool that if you request it, they'll send you stickers to advertise for them. I slapped one on the back window of my car and the other on my laptop.

Stew
11-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Spotify
Pandora
Mint
USAA App
TD Ameritrade App

tfvc.org
11-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Waze, myfitnesspal, fitbit, gmail, google calendar, whatsapp, swarm/beewear, instagram, packagebuddypro, synology apps (bundling them into one since they are for the same device)

ShadowStrings
11-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Waze - GPS
FitBit/MyFitnessPal - Fitness
Songza - Music streaming
Task - Productivity
Dark Sky - Weather

Obviously couldn't live without Messages, Mail, Camera, Calendar, etc. either, but the ones listed above are ones I use all the time that I feel like most people should at least try. Facebook would normally be on my list as well, but I've taken a break from social media this year, and it has been amazing!