View Full Version : Rhonda Rousey Knocked Out

ljbab728
11-14-2015, 10:58 PM
This is a sport that I actually have zero interest in but, this has to be the biggest sports story of the day as far as surprises are concerned.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-193-live-blog-rousey-vs-holm-111415

Holly Holm shocked the world, Saturday night, dominating defending bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey in the first round, and then knocking her out in the second. Holm kept Rousey off-balance with her lateral movement and made her pay with clean shot after clean shot landed to the head.

Tundra
11-14-2015, 11:34 PM
It was beautiful, she hurt her with a left then k locked her out with a shin kick to the jaw and a few hammer fists..... I'm kind glad rousey lost she was getting a big head.

ljbab728
11-15-2015, 12:04 AM
It was beautiful, she hurt her with a left then k locked her out with a shin kick to the jaw and a few hammer fists..... I'm kind glad rousey lost she was getting a big head.

Sorry, but I can't describe anyone getting injured in a spectacle like that as beautiful no matter how much she might have deserved it.

soonermike81
11-15-2015, 12:09 AM

I actually agree. She's a loud mouth and needed to get her butt kicked. Funny how she was mouthing off to Mayweather and how she could take him. Glad a woman fighter finally destroyed her. Can't have her continuing to be so delusional, and actually trying to fight a male fighter one day. She would get murdered.

ljbab728
11-15-2015, 12:52 AM
As I said when I started this thread, I have absolutely no interest in this sport and I think calling it a sport is a detriment to the meaning of sports. Nothing where the main intent is to physically harm another participant can be a legitimate sport.

Throckmorton
11-15-2015, 03:20 AM
Here's the knockout, in convenient GIF form:

http://giant.gfycat.com/UltimateCloudyKillifish.gif

And in still form:

http://i.imgur.com/VSU9hpt.jpg

This was pretty slick:

http://i.imgur.com/UgQqDPy.gif

BBatesokc
11-15-2015, 04:39 AM
As I said when I started this thread, I have absolutely no interest in this sport and I think calling it a sport is a detriment to the meaning of sports. Nothing where the main intent is to physically harm another participant can be a legitimate sport.

Don't know how anyone can claim with a straight face that UFC/MMA/Boxing, etc. are not a 'sport.' It may not be of interest to you (like I feel feel about golf), but it is definitely a sport. And one you have to dedicate your life to if you want to truly succeed at it.

Throckmorton
11-15-2015, 06:21 AM
*OP starts thread for topic he says he has no interest in*

*OP returns to thread several times to lecture others that are interested in said topic*

*Thread-reader wonders why OP even bothered starting thread in first place*

kevinpate
11-15-2015, 08:14 AM
If nothing else folks, it's way past time to reconsider 'you hit like a girl' as an insult. ;)

ljbab728
11-15-2015, 09:13 AM
*OP starts thread for topic he says he has no interest in*

*OP returns to thread several times to lecture others that are interested in said topic*

*Thread-reader wonders why OP even bothered starting thread in first place*
OP is quite entitled to start a thread if it's about a topical subject just because it's newsworthy. I'm well aware of Rhonda Rousey as a celebrity but would never turn on my TV to watch her perform in one of those spectacles. It happens quite often here for an OP to start a thread about something that they don't like. I'm sure many people consider it to be entertainment or a sport and that is their privilege. And I'm certainly not saying that they aren't athletic and well trained. I just don't consider it to be a sport and I'm saying that with a completely straight face.

Throckmorton
11-15-2015, 09:39 AM
OP is quite entitled

Can't argue with that!

Tundra
11-15-2015, 10:33 AM
https://www.facebook.com/PG.Kills.WWE/videos/1004134989633250/?fref=nf

Here's the fight in its entirety..

Jersey Boss
11-15-2015, 10:41 AM
I am more a fan of boxing than MMA so I like that the new champ came from that discipline.

Easy180
11-15-2015, 11:07 AM
She was the face of UFC so you know they weren't happy with the result.

catch22
11-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Can't argue with that!

Not sure what you are implying, but the OP is a well respected poster on this forum. He's right--there's nothing wrong with starting a discussion even if it is about something he is not necessarily an enthusiast of.

gopokes88
11-15-2015, 07:09 PM
Did you create this thread just so you could get on your moral perch to talk about how mma isnt a sport?

ljbab728
11-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Did you create this thread just so you could get on your moral perch to talk about how mma isnt a sport?

Well, of course. LOL You found me out. And my perch isn't moral. Its just a personal opinion. Please note that I'm not judging others who see it differently. The Olympics has considered boxing to be a sport forever with or without my approval.

Jersey Boss
11-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Vegas took a bath on the fight. Those bettors taking Holm made 900 for 100 bet.

okatty
11-15-2015, 08:49 PM
I think it closed at -750 but you are right on....that kick hurt Vegas worse than RR!