View Full Version : Best Place in OKC for Gourmet/International Cheeses

RickOKC
10-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I participate in a semi-annual social gathering in which we all contribute and sample exotic, gourmet, international cheeses. I feel like there must be sources for cheese that are broader and more extensive than the places I have tried--a Mediterranean deli on May just north of NW expressway, and Whole Foods. Would anyone be able to recommend another place to find high-quality international cheese? I am willing to go most anywhere in OKC, and I'm willing to pay for good cheese. Thanks for any help you can provide!

RickOKC
10-25-2015, 12:32 PM
I participate in a semi-annual social gathering in which we all contribute and sample exotic, gourmet, international cheeses. I feel like there must be sources for cheese that are broader and more extensive than the places I have tried--a Mediterranean deli on May just north of NW expressway, and Whole Foods. Would anyone be able to recommend another place to find high-quality international cheese? I am willing to go most anywhere in OKC, and I'm willing to pay for good cheese. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Martin
10-25-2015, 02:18 PM
if you're willing to go down to norman, this is pretty much the place to go... Forward Foods | Cheese >> Grocery >> Coffee >> | Norman & Oklahoma City (http://www.forwardfoods.com/)

-M

RickOKC
10-25-2015, 02:37 PM
if you're willing to go down to norman, this is pretty much the place to go... Forward Foods | Cheese >> Grocery >> Coffee >> | Norman & Oklahoma City (http://www.forwardfoods.com/)

-M

I see that they have a location on north Western in OKC... Is the selection there just not as extensive?

Teo9969
10-25-2015, 02:39 PM
I see that they have a location on north Western in OKC... Is the selection there just not as extensive?

That location has been closed for a good minute.

RickOKC
10-25-2015, 02:46 PM
That location has been closed for a good minute.

Gotcha.

oklip955
10-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Uptown Market in Edmond has a nice selection of International cheeses and other gourmet foods. Also Whole Foods has nice selections too. Those would be my first choices as far as stuff that is not common atlleast for Oklahomans. They really do have a bunch. I noticed that they also have Parma Ham and other stuff like that.

ctchandler
10-25-2015, 06:17 PM
I agree with Oklip, I think Whole Foods, Uptown Grocery, and possibly even Homeland at Britton and May are about the best you will find. I have no idea about the place in Norman.
C. T.

Teo9969
10-26-2015, 12:18 AM
My friend who gets cheese frequently swears by the Buy for Less on NW Expressway. And I think that she also goes to Homeland on Britton and May.

Roger S
10-26-2015, 06:36 AM
I will second Forward Foods in Norman.

And as odd as it sounds, and I don't shop at the Homeland's here in OKC so I don't know if they have as large of selection but, the Homeland in Ardmore has an impressive cheese selection..... So it might be worth it to check out a Homeland here... Maybe the one at Britton and May.

onthestrip
10-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Ill second Mediterranean Imports and Deli on May just north of NW exwy. Plenty of good cheeses and they also cut it off the wheel, so you can get just the right amount you are looking for.

Thomas Vu
10-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Ill second Mediterranean Imports and Deli on May just north of NW exwy. Plenty of good cheeses and they also cut it off the wheel, so you can get just the right amount you are looking for.

^^

TheTravellers
10-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Whole Foods is fantastic for that, and has only one of (I think) two Certified Cheese Professionals in OK working there. We spend about $100 every 6 months there on cheese (that's almost all we get from there, though, aside from olives, some chocolate, and some frozen things).