View Full Version : Diner food

SoonerQueen
10-14-2015, 12:59 AM
I can't always afford to go to the expensive restaurants, and like to go the diner food route. If there is a diner that your particularly like and they have good food, please share it with us.

CCOKC
10-14-2015, 07:51 AM
I really like Olde Orchard on 23rd Street in Bethany for diner food. I usually get a veggie plate that includes four veggies (one of which can be a dessert) and a dinner roll. I used to go there at least once a week when my office was at 14th and Council but only get there about once a quarter now. We always sit in Becky's section and she treats us very well. All of the pies are home made and incredible. I recommend anything "crumb" pie. My husband's favorite is cherry while mine in apple.

kevinpate
10-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Blvd. Cafeteria in OKC has great food, but even 50 year olds can feel like they are sitting at the holiday kiddie table during lunch service. Not that it bothers me. I find it oddly amusing, even comforting.

Here in Norman:
The Diner on Main St downtown, between Peters and Crawford;
Ozzie's at the airport.
Hassler's on N Porter, just south of Eufaula

Just South of Norman:
Libby's in Goldsby
Kendall's in Noble.

Moore:
Sunny Side Up (used to be in Norman) S 19th St, just east of I-35.

South OKC:
Choice Cafe, on S Shields at/near SE 50th
McFriendly's #2, on S Shields, between SE 59th and SE 66th

Interior OKC
Jeff's Country Cafe NW33rd and Classen

MagzOK
10-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Ray's Café on NW 50th St just east of N. May is good. My family likes to get breakfast there on Saturdays.

Roger S
10-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Stockyard's City Cafe - In the Stockyards

Grill on The Hill - Capital Hill

Epic Times Grill - Moore (4th and Eastern)

Good Gravy Diner - Around 80th and N. Western

Chelio's - 15th and I-35

Madison's - Del City

foodiefan
10-14-2015, 02:36 PM
second the vote for Ray's on NW 50th. . . good diner eats!! Also really like Neighbors Cafe in Warr Acres/Bethany. . .(5900 NW 38th). . their get their desserts from La Baguette. And Cattlemen's breakfast/brunch is hard to beat for food/price.

Jeepnokc
10-15-2015, 07:20 AM
Stockyard's City Cafe - In the Stockyards

Grill on The Hill - Capital Hill

Epic Times Grill - Moore (4th and Eastern)

Good Gravy Diner - Around 80th and N. Western

Chelio's - 15th and I-35

Madison's - Del City

Chelio's had a lot of bad press for big health code violations at their old location and was on the news several times. Haven't eaten there since. Looked them up and doesn't seem as they are doing as bad since moving. Here is link to look up places: https://www.ok.gov/health/pub/wrapper/foodservice.html

Roger S
10-15-2015, 07:38 AM
Chelio's had a lot of bad press for big health code violations at their old location and was on the news several times.

Yep... We used to order pizza from them quite a bit when it was Lucy's.

I ate there the other day and it definitely falls into the Dive category of Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives categories but the food was good, the service was very friendly, and the prices were cheap.

BBatesokc
10-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Give 4U Cafe a shot - inside the H&H Gun Range. Really like their food. Most is homemade and not delivered frozen and reheated.