View Full Version : Edmond cost of living index falls

karlanee
09-16-2005, 01:47 PM
According to yesterday's Journal Record, the cost of living index for the second quarter fell again for Edmond.

That's always good news!!

Karried
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Karlanee, can you post the article? I'm very interested in it - do you have access?

Is it due to health care? Please post it if you can, thanks so much!

karlanee
09-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I have put just bits and pieces of the article below. I didn't want to run into copywriting issues.

If you want to see the entire article, you can go to this link:
http://www.journalrecord.com/viewstory.cfm?recid=831

You might have to register for an online account to see the entire article. It is no cost to do so, if I remember correctly.

From The Journal Record, 9/15/2005

Edmond's cost-of-living index falls for second quarter

9/15/2005

EDMOND (JR) - Edmond's second quarter cost-of-living index was 91.7, down from 92.6 a year earlier.
The Cost of Living Index by ACCRA, the association of community and economic development research professionals, measures relative price levels for consumer goods and services in participating areas. The average for all participating areas, both metropolitan and nonmetropolitan, equals 100. Each city's index is read as a percentage of the average for all participating cities.

"By participating in the ACCRA Cost of Living Index, we can offer customized cost-of-living comparison data to assist companies in their decisions to locate here," said Janet Yowell, executive director of the Edmond Economic Development Authority. "This data has proved to be a valuable tool in our business recruitment efforts."

The areas in which Edmond ranked below the national average were grocery items, 85.9 percent; housing, 86.6 percent; utilities, 97.4; health care, 96.1; and miscellaneous goods and services, 93.8. Edmond ranked above the national average in transportation costs with a rating of 100.5.

For more information about the ACCRA Cost of Living Index or to request a cost-of-living comparison between Edmond and more than 300 cities nationwide, contact the Edmond Economic Development Authority at 340-0116 or visit www.eeda.com.

Karried
09-16-2005, 06:04 PM
:yourock: Thanks Karlanee!