View Full Version : What happened to Praedura?

AP
10-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know why Praedura stopped posting here? It's been almost two years since he's been active. I really enjoyed most of his posts.

Pete
10-09-2015, 12:14 PM
This came up a while ago and I have no idea.

I (and no doubt others) sent him messages that were forwarded to his email by the site but never heard back.

catch22
10-09-2015, 02:16 PM
I may be thinking of someone else, but I believed somewhere he mentioned his old age.

It's possible he may have passed, and no one here knew him personally to find out.

rlewis
10-09-2015, 03:49 PM
I remember this thread from a few years ago, and back then I did a little bit of online research based on some clues in his posts and also based on the day of his last post. I found an obituary of a relatively young guy (around 40) in Edmond that died of brain cancer only a few days after Praedura's last post. I can't say for certain it was him, but there were some things in the obituary that made me believe that it was Praedura.

Martin
10-09-2015, 04:12 PM
I remember this thread from a few years ago, and back then I did a little bit of online research based on some clues in his posts and also based on the day of his last post. I found an obituary of a relatively young guy (around 40) in Edmond that died of brain cancer only a few days after Praedura's last post. I can't say for certain it was him, but there were some things in the obituary that made me believe that it was Praedura.

hope I'm not giving away too much here... but assuming the profile information is accurate, this user would have been in his (her?) early fifties a couple years ago. however, on the flip side, there has been zero activity on the account since december 2013.

-M

Urbanized
10-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I just skimmed a large number of his posts looking for clues that might help me figure out a few things to go on, and besides the fact that he lives (lived?) in Edmond and has (had?) a great love for the Thunder, couldn't glean many personal details on first glance. But the one thing that really struck me (and did back when he was posting) was his overall positive demeanor and just how joyful his posting style was. No matter what happened to end his posting, it was a loss for the board.