View Full Version : Stage production of Annie

traxx
09-30-2015, 01:17 PM
My daughter is 7 and I think she'd really enjoy the live show of Annie. I know they have a touring show of Annie but so far the closest it's come is Dallas this last summer. I just couldn't make the timing work. Looking at the website, they aren't scheduled to come to Oklahoma in the next year either. I know Lyric did it once several years ago and I think it was pretty successful. But I don't see that Lyric has any plans to do it any time soon.

Does anyone have any info of a production of Annie happening within the next year or so in OKC or nearby? Is there anyone with inside knowledge of Lyric and their plans for upcoming shows? I'd like to see a good production of it too. I know every production tries hard but some productions are just better than others. Some don't have the budget to have good sets, actors, singers, choreographers etc.

Any help, info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

okatty
09-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Traxx - Lyric Academy did Annie last summer. Im not aware of upcoming plans for the show locally.

Christmas Story and Cindarella are on the Celeb Attractions 15-16 list which should be kid friendly btw.

traxx
10-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Traxx - Lyric Academy did Annie last summer. Im not aware of upcoming plans for the show locally.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that part of their Thelma Gaylord Academy? Which is not the same thing as a main stage production.

okatty
10-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Yes - correct. I was just saying that is last contact I know of with that show and Lyric.

traxx
10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Yes - correct. I was just saying that is last contact I know of with that show and Lyric.

Oh okay. I gotcha.