View Full Version : Computer monitor

Bobby821
09-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know where to purchase a good cheap flat screen computer monitor?

Thanks

Thomas Vu
09-23-2015, 09:09 AM
I'd refer you to amazon, what size are you looking for?

FighttheGoodFight
09-23-2015, 09:10 AM
What size? What are you using for? What computer specs do you have?

Martin
09-23-2015, 09:11 AM
monoprice is pretty good/cheap... but i've only ever bought cables from them. -M

kelroy55
09-23-2015, 10:39 AM
You can try pawn shops too

bombermwc
09-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Most any monitor is "cheap", comparatively, these days. And most of them are made by the same couple of actual screen manufacturers, but just have a different plastic cover on them. It's really hard to go bad with one to be honest. Even the cheap-o's really aren't that different for 95% of the population. If you're going to be a gamer, that's one thing. If you're going to play around on the internet/facebook, etc. you can really just grab whatever you want.

Bobby821
09-24-2015, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone, it is for a computer I am building for my son using an old computer we are getting rid of at work.

tfvc.org
09-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone, it is for a computer I am building for my son using an old computer we are getting rid of at work.

How old? What kind of connection are you using for the image? VGA, DVI, HDMI? A lot of newer monitors don't have VGA but there are DVI to VGA adaptors out there, be sure you have the right connections, if it is HDMI most monitors won't include that cable. You can get a good one cheep at Newegg as well. My process when buying parts that I don't care what brand they are is to read reviews on Newegg / Amazon first and then searching for the best deal for that model. 99% of the time I am buying at one of those outlets though.