View Full Version : Remodeled muffler/brake location in 7200 block of S. Western

SoonerDave
09-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Extensive remodeling and expansion work is underway at the former muffler/automotive repair shop outparcel in the 7200 block of S. Western. The site, on the west side of Western, appears to be expanding to the west and slightly north, with framing work closing off the former garage bays. Work has been underway for approximately two months. The temporary worksite trailer shows "7202" in large letters on the side, almost certainly indicating an address, but no permit information for 7202 S. Western Avenue could be found.

Any additional information on this site?

baralheia
09-17-2015, 11:57 AM
The former Econo Lube N Tune automotive repair center is being renovated into a new location for City National Bank and Trust. The proper address for this building is 7319 S Western Ave. Building permit is BLDC-2015-00619.

Dubya61
09-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info. Meanwhile, right across the street, Ninos is now a vacant lot!

SoonerDave
09-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info. Meanwhile, right across the street, Ninos is now a vacant lot!

I saw all the permits relating to the teardown of Ninos and thought the City National building was going there. Dummy on me.

Thanks for the info, baralheia.

baralheia
09-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Quite welcome! I initially thought so too until I found a listing on LoopNet for the Econo Lube, with the address that is in the permit.

I find it interesting that several of these disused outparcel buildings are being turned into banks... The old Blockbuster in the Greenway Plaza Shopping Center at SW 119th and S Western is being converted into a Republic Bank and Trust.