View Full Version : Shrink Boots

AP
09-08-2015, 08:35 AM
I have a pair of lucchese goatskin boots that are a half to full size too big. Is there an easy way to shrink these boots so that I don't have to wear two pairs of socks with them?

bradh
09-08-2015, 09:25 AM
I have a pair of lucchese goatskin boots that are a half to full size too big. Is there an easy way to shrink these boots so that I don't have to wear two pairs of socks with them?

What size are they (you know, just in case you can't shrink them and want to sell them lol)

OkiePoke
09-08-2015, 10:49 AM

How to Shrink Cowboy Boots | eHow (http://www.ehow.com/how_5904551_shrink-cowboy-boots.html)

Might try that.

I walked through some water and soaked an old pair of boots. I tried to dry them quickly with a hair dryer, rookie mistake. I can't wear them now. The link suggests wearing them all day until dry, that will probably be inconvenient. I have a pair now that are a little big, I might try this method.

AP
09-08-2015, 12:23 PM
What size are they (you know, just in case you can't shrink them and want to sell them lol)

If I can't shrink them, I'll keep wearing two pairs of socks. haha I spent a pretty penny on them to not use em

Filthy
09-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Send me some pics of the boots. I'll see if there's anything I can do with them.

Filthy
09-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure I can help you with those though. Sorry.

http://www.okctalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11452&d=1441741761

ljbab728
09-08-2015, 07:50 PM

I'm interested in knowing how you got boots that are too large. Did you try them on before buying them?

adaniel
09-09-2015, 09:10 AM
I am tardy to the party here, but I would be hesitant to try and shrink goat skin. It is a softer leather and may not adjust so much. You can certainly try. But if I were you, I'd put them on Ebay and cut your losses.

When I got my ostrich boots from Little Joes (strongly recommend BTW), the people told me that new one should be snug to the point of being ever so slightly uncomfortable. I remember breaking them in and it was borderline torture for a week, but now they fit like a glove.

AP
09-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Update: I took them to get re-soled and re-heeled yesterday, and he said he could try to '"shrink" them a little and that they'll be tighter in general after the process. He also added that he hears people recommending the soaking in water deal and strongly recommends against it.

I won't sell them even if they don't shrink, as I really like them and I have a solution to the slightly too big issue(extra socks). Just trying to see if there was a long term solution.

bradh
09-09-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm curious, what color did you get?

AP
09-09-2015, 09:41 AM
It is this boot (https://www.cavenders.com/western/cowboy-boots/mens-boots-shoes/western-traditional-toe-boots/LN1556R4?cm_mmc=Google-_-Cowboy+Boots%257CMen%2527s+Boots+%2526+Shoes%257CW estern+Traditional+Toe+Boots-_-CSE-_-Lucchese+1883+Men%2527s+Chocolate+Brown+Mad+Dog+R-Toe+Western+Boots&gclid=Cj0KEQjwsb-vBRCLj7TvqpGx_MoBEiQALgFGnhWv_nKPhtbuox9jPnPVsa8KH rFKa3gJSYia6A9FciAaAk9j8P8HAQ).

adaniel
09-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Nice. I can see why you don't want to part with them.