View Full Version : remember to wear your seat belts

rxis
09-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone, I was involved in an auto collision today and my seatbelt may have saved my life. I'd like to just remind ppl to follow safety precautions.

PUGalicious
09-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Hope everything is okay for you, rxis, and that you weren't hurt too bad. It's a good reminder. When I was involved in a collision several years ago, both the seatbelt and airbag helped save me from serious injury. I've always worn my seatbelt, but that incident help reinforce just how important both of those safety features are.

Glad to know that you were okay enough to make this post. Wishing you well.

Karried
09-18-2005, 07:45 PM
rxis, are you okay? You are having a horrible time with autos lately! How did the ticket incident turn out? Were you able to get the info about Midwest City?

The laws regarding seatbelts in CA went into effect years ago so I have worn mine always but one thing that made the message really stand out was a ski trip I've never forgotten.

We were headed to Tahoe in the early morning hours..... long story short, we saw smoke and a car started flipping end over end on the opposite side of the four lane freeway. Literally, out of the blue, came a body of a woman flying through the air.... it was horrific. She looked like a mannequin. Keep in mind she was flung from the opposite of the highway - ejected like a rocket. She flew at our windshield level and we slammed on our brakes to avoid hitting her. She hit the shoulder and rolled - we tried to help her but she was a shade of white I never want to see again. We ran across lanes of freeway to the other side to help the passengers ( two buckled up kids in the backseat) the other passenger was also ejected and crushed by the flipping car. We later learned it was both moms of the two kids we carried out of the car - they didn't have a scratch - just in shock. They were wearing their seatbelts and the moms were not. We watched the paramedics covering the women as we drove away. The moms both died at the scene and I won't even leave my driveway with buckling up.

rxis
09-18-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the incident you were involved in. i got lucky. I'm still sore but I'm fine. I don't know how the tickets will turn out. I'm just going to wait it out and see how it will change my insurance status.