View Full Version : Red Flags

Leon
09-14-2005, 12:02 PM
What are some red flags to you when seeing someone, any time, not just a first date? Looking for behavior examples....and include those you may not have been seeing one-on-one...acquaintances you would never date.

kellekokid
09-14-2005, 12:11 PM
I was told once by a guy that when he and his sister were kids she told him to shut up while they were at dinner and he shoved a fork down her throat...didn't quite know how to take that one I didn't ask for an explanation....couldn't help but think that it was an over reaction comment brother and sister joking around not a literal statement, but it sure did raise an eyebrow and something I'm gonna keep in mind and may ask about in the near future.

sweetdaisy
09-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Men who check out every woman who walks by. So irritating.
Men who have hit a woman (I don't care what the reason).
Men who can't look you in the eye.

I'll start with those three for now.

Leon
09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
One for me would be excessive use of profanity. Particularly the F bomb....In bed it'd be OK though. :biggrin:

mranderson
09-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Red flags for me include:

1. She brings her husband along on the date.

2. She is greeted by two cops... One with an arrest warrant, the other with handcuffs.

3. She talks about her favorite street corner.

4. She whips out a cigerette.

5. She cusses worse than a Sailor. Especially when every sentence has a word starting with
"f."

6. All she talks about is the guy who dumped her.

7. She does not listen to what I am saying.

8. She does not tell me things like if she is enjoying herself.

9. Her biggest gripe is the way I am dressed (especially after I have lost a lot of weight)

10. She goes to the ladies room and does not return.

11. She dresses like a slob on the first date.

12. she says she wants me to spend the night on the first date. (well, if we arrainge this in advance it may be ok)

13. She orders the most expensive thing on the menu.

14. She gets hammered.

Ok. That is all I can think of for now.:boff:

Karried
09-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I was told once by a guy that when he and his sister were kids she told him to shut up while they were at dinner and he shoved a fork down her throat...

:omg:
Lordy, Kelli! That's not a red flag, that's finding the nearest exit and running like hell! http://www.okctalk.com/images/Smailies%2001-28-08/tweeted.gif

Curt
09-15-2005, 03:07 PM
:omg:
Lordy, Kelli! That's not a red flag, that's finding the nearest exit and running like hell! http://www.okctalk.com/images/Smailies%2001-28-08/tweeted.gif
LMAO!!!!!!!!!, Karrie you crack me up woman.
Yah, any guy that did something like that just might have other issues.

kellekokid
09-15-2005, 10:06 PM
LOL I think the main reason I didn't hit the floor running then was because we were at dinner....he with fork in hand!