View Full Version : Model Rockets

Bobby821
07-30-2015, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know where you can launch model rockets at in South OKC or Moore? I already called the OKC parks dept. and they said no to launching them in city parks and the same goes for parks in Moore.

Martin
07-30-2015, 10:02 AM
closest thing I could find is a piedmont rocketry club... i'm sure they'd have some info: https://piedmontrocketry.shutterfly.com/

-M

Achilleslastand
07-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Used to launch model rockets all the time at Woodson park, don't know why the city would say no. Off topic a bit here......I got to tour the Estes Model rocket factory in Colorado as a kid......neat stuff.

Zuplar
07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
I live over by the airport and launch them from my back yard sometimes, lol. My buddy works ATC so told me it was fine.

jn1780
07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Any large field that is not directly under the flight path of a landing or taking off plane. lol

SoonerDave
07-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Many, many years ago, a friend in our Sunday School class dabbled in model rocketry, and during a class picinic at Earlywine Park he fired off a rather impressive model rocket a few of times. Had its own parachute and electric launcher. When I saw the thing fire a bit off kilter on one shot, and I thought about the people and homes nearby, I kinda thought "you know, this might not be the ideal place to be doing this...." :) But, man, it was fun. Had always wanted to get into it as a kid, but mom was just too gunshy to let it happen. Oh, well :)

Bobby821
07-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Yeah trying to find a big enough open piece of land with no trees is going to be difficult now days.