October 10: at West Virginia
(October 17: off)
October 24: Kansas
October 31: at Texas Tech
November 7: TCU
November 14: at Iowa State
November 21: Baylor
November 28: Oklahoma

2015 Oklahoma State Cowboys Football Schedule (http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-12/2015-oklahoma-state-cowboys-football-schedule.php)

okatty
07-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Schedule sets up pretty good for Cowboys. Games in Nov are brutal but at least the 3 big boys are at home. Most of the media is picking them 3rd in Big 12 and ahead of OU.

Pete
07-22-2015, 02:08 PM
2015 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
1. TCU (32) 408
2. Baylor (10) 384
3. Oklahoma 312
4. Oklahoma State 289
5. Texas 245
6. West Virginia 204
7. K-State 201
8. Texas Tech 139
9. Iowa State 83
10. Kansas 45
first-place votes in parentheses

okatty
07-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Good point Pete - I think I was focused more on the Oklahoma media than overall Big 12 and just what has been reported in the paper. But in the "official" Big 12 vote, Sooners take 3rd with Cowboys 4th.. In 2014 it was predicted:

1. OU
2. Baylor
3. KSU
4. TX
5. OSU
6. - TEch
7 TCU
8 WVU
9. ISU
10 Kansas

And we know how some of that turned out. Will be very interesting season (I guess they all are). I heard Bob Stoops on ESPN radio earlier today. Briles was on this morning with Mike and Mike.

jerrywall
07-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Interesting polling. I see them as a 2-3 loss team, but would love to be surprised.

gopokes88
07-28-2015, 02:32 PM
It's hard to say undefeated so I'll go 11-1 but I really think Mason Rudolph is going to set the league on fire. TCU will crumble this year after getting everyone's best shot and not being the surprise team, Baylor sucks in stillwater and OU is relying on a former texas tech walk on at QB (how the mighty have fallen, if you want a reason to be pessimistic about ou, that's it). I just don't see OSU losing any games, they might have a choke poke game.

Spartan
09-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Can I change my vote to 6...

ljbab728
09-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Can I change my vote to 6...

NO, it's not allowed. :)

Spartan
09-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Well I forgot that Mike Yurcich actually wasn't fired until last Thursday. And it dawned on me. They actually extended his contract to 2020.

OKCisOK4me
09-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Well I forgot that Mike Yurcich actually wasn't fired until last Thursday. And it dawned on me. They actually extended his contract to 2020.

Dear God, why??

Spartan
09-13-2015, 04:42 PM
I am beginning to think Gundy is deliberately sabotaging the program, after putting all of his effort the last four off-seasons into applying for other jobs. Gundy has become Pat Jones.

It is mind boggling how good we could be compared to what we've produced since Weeden left. There really aren't very many excuses. The OL has been irresponsibly thin and under-recruited for the last two consecutive seasons, Gundy thinks he can coach special teams on his own, and the Shippensburg offense has officially taken hold in Stillwater.

Gundy probably could have hired any competent OC in the country after Holgorsen left. Instead, he deliberately chose a sock puppet OC so that he can go back to calling the shots like he did before Holgorsen. If I'm Boone Pickens, I have some serious concerns about how my investments are being managed by Mike Gundy, Mike Holder, and Burns Hargis. All good ole boys, all devoid of a vision for what OSU could be, and all inept even at maintaining what OSU was when I went there. If you doubt my assessment of the leadership in place in Stillwater, you should watch our embarrassing TV ad spots for the last decade under Hargis.

I will say that OU has much, much better leadership with David Boren. Despite always rooting against OU, I have to admit that the man's leadership and vision is phenomenal and it's exciting to see at least one of the state's two schools present growth opportunities for the state. I just wish it was my alma mater.

bradh
09-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Unbiased observer here to Oklahoma collegiate football (A&M fan) but you hit the nail on the head about the OL recruiting. It's been atrocious and it's causing this offense to not reach it's full potential. It also seems that maybe since A&M has become better, OSU isn't coming in and stealing recruits, especially from Houston, that it did in the past.

OKCisOK4me
09-14-2015, 10:17 AM
As I recall, last year, the whole O-line was fairly new and they performed quite well by the time we played in Norman.

They're young. Mistakes will be made. The future is bright (orange).

Spartan
09-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Honestly the near past is bright and the future is a giant question mark moving forward with Gundy and especially Yurcich.

okatty
09-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Texas opened as a 4-point home underdog and have received just 33% of spread bets. Even with a majority of public bettors taking Oklahoma State, Texas dropped from +4 to +3 and 2.5. This reverse line movement indicates that sharps have been pounding Texas. This will be a very interesting game.

Filthy
09-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Texas opened as a 4-point home underdog and have received just 33% of spread bets. Even with a majority of public bettors taking Oklahoma State, Texas dropped from +4 to +3 and 2.5. This reverse line movement indicates that sharps have been pounding Texas. This will be a very interesting game.

I took Texas on this one. For no other reason, than both teams play against previous opponents. By seasons end, OSU might be the better team..and will "probably" have the better overall record...but I feel like there is an adjustment period having to play against similar or even better competition. OSU has all but wasted the first month of their season compiling stats against Directional St. Schools instead of trying to get better against comparable competition. I think it will take them a while to get going against Texas.

AP
09-24-2015, 07:50 AM
Unbiased observer here to Oklahoma collegiate football (A&M fan) but you hit the nail on the head about the OL recruiting. It's been atrocious and it's causing this offense to not reach it's full potential. It also seems that maybe since A&M has become better, OSU isn't coming in and stealing recruits, especially from Houston, that it did in the past.

That may be true, but something like 60 dudes on our roster are from TX. That's over half. I think we are still having success recruiting in Texas.

Spartan
09-27-2015, 09:06 AM
OSU deserved to lose that game. We got bailed out by the refs big-time.

Doesn't make up for the game UT stole in Stillwater in 2012.

Laramie
09-27-2015, 09:50 AM
OSU has gotten screwed many times in the past in football games in which the officials bailed out their opponents.

OSU football makes a turn; they are now able to capitalize on other teams' mistakes. Kudos to Mike Gundy & staff, their adjustments were on target.

Recent personnel changes at UT suggests that Charlie Strong's days are numbered.
Will University of Texas give Coach Strong the time he needs to build UT's football program?

Richard at Remax
09-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Christmas come early for the Pokes. What a gift

Tritone
09-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Glad to see the Pokes win this one. I saw some great plays and some big goofs from both teams. It was also good to see UT's Rose split the uprights. That had to be a tough miss last week.

Spartan
10-05-2015, 07:39 PM
I'm predicting a controversial field goal win at WVU next week. Gonna suck as I have my WV friend smuggle me out of the stadium unseen. Why can't every fan base be nice people like KSU or CMU fans.

On the bright side pretty excited to get to see two games in my neck of the woods this year, even if we suck.

OKCisOK4me
10-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Sorry Spartan, we lose by no less than 10.

jerrywall
10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
I'd love a win but don't expect it. Although, OSU seems to be doing just enough to scrape by each week. Maybe they'll surprise me.

bucfan1512
10-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Think were almost a full touchdown underdog at this point. I think it will be close and I will hope we can pull another one out at the end.

Jersey Boss
10-08-2015, 11:23 AM
With Joseph out, the line will tighten a bit.

okatty
10-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Cardiac Cowboys....Cowboy Magic? WOW.

Laramie
10-10-2015, 09:48 PM
So use to the OSU Cowboys coming out on the short end of the stick. Fortunes have changed for OSU; now they are pulling out the close ones.

Bunty
10-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Strong Side: Time to go all-in on Oklahoma State pass attack - Stillwater News Press: Sports (http://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/strong-side-time-to-go-all-in-on-oklahoma-state/article_187d222a-721f-11e5-b5bb-e7d01426323c.html)

okatty
10-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Gundy to USC? He says no. I'd love to see it - Im a Man I'm 40 Goes to Hollywood!:ot:

Bunty
10-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Gundy to USC? He says no. I'd love to see it - Im a Man I'm 40 Goes to Hollywood!:ot:

Notebook: Gundy committed to OSU, has no interest in USC job - ocolly.com : Sports (http://www.ocolly.com/sports/article_c89d62b2-7398-11e5-989c-57d74b719b37.html)

okatty
10-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Cowboys could be catchiing Kansas at height of their season - they only lost by 20 yesterday and covered the 31.5 point spread! :tongue:

Bunty
10-25-2015, 12:43 AM
OSU's J. W. Walsh's comments on the OSU homecoming parade tragedy and post game victory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoFsq8caDCw

Laramie
10-25-2015, 10:04 AM
A real man doesn't have to tell you he's a man or state his age.

Got to give it up to Gundy; he has done an outstanding job with what was suppose to be the second year into rebuilding the Pokes.

gopokes88
10-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Osu is on pace for 9-10 easy, maybe 11-12. (I think we go at least 2-2 in November). Ou is better then I thought they'd be. Tcu is weaker but hasn't cracked yet. Baylor basically lost Russell for the year. Big 12 title will be decided at bedlam

okatty
10-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Assuming Russell is out, I still woudn't discount Baylor and I'd continue to count them as the Big 12 fav. With that said, would love for your prediction to be right and it come down to Bedlam to decide things.

Spartan
10-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Well we've always owned Baylor (only OU has a Baylor problem) and TCU isn't impressive. I agree it really is gonna be decided at Bedlam, but only if OSU wins. It makes a big difference to see OSU waking up on offense, and even if its just Kansas, it's good to see bc offense is still OSU's only question mark.

I never heard anything about a two year rebuilding project. Between 08-12 this was a program that always just reloaded. There would be serious fan and booster unrest if we weren't winning right now. We've already spotted Gundy a few very underwhelming seasons since Weeden left.

The schedule is also bizarre this year. Each of the distinct brackets (like 1a, 1b which is us, 2, and 3) are playing mirror schedules. 1a) Baylor + TCU, 1b) OSU + OU, 3) WVU + KSU + UT, and 4) KU + ISU + TTU.

Both OSU/OU have played all of the middle bracket and are now taking on the lowest bracket. The weakest bracket has now faced TCU/Baylor and is now taking on our schools. Then 1a and 1b collide at the end. I bet this was on purpose.

ljbab728
10-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Well we've always owned Baylor (only OU has a Baylor problem) and TCU isn't impressive. I agree it really is gonna be decided at Bedlam, but only if OSU wins. It makes a big difference to see OSU waking up on offense, and even if its just Kansas, it's good to see bc offense is still OSU's only question mark.

I never heard anything about a two year rebuilding project. Between 08-12 this was a program that always just reloaded. There would be serious fan and booster unrest if we weren't winning right now. We've already spotted Gundy a few very underwhelming seasons since Weeden left.

The schedule is also bizarre this year. Each of the distinct brackets (like 1a, 1b which is us, 2, and 3) are playing mirror schedules. 1a) Baylor + TCU, 1b) OSU + OU, 3) WVU + KSU + UT, and 4) KU + ISU + TTU.

Both OSU/OU have played all of the middle bracket and are now taking on the lowest bracket. The weakest bracket has now faced TCU/Baylor and is now taking on our schools. Then 1a and 1b collide at the end. I bet this was on purpose.
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here, Spartan. OSU leads Baylor all time by 19-14 and Baylor has won two of the last three. OU leads Baylor all time by 21 - 3 and Baylor has won two of the last three.

jerrywall
10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
True, although you have to go back 50-100 years for most of those baylor wins.... Baylor has one against OSU 3 times since 96. OU doesn't have a problem with them either, historically.

Spartan
10-27-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here, Spartan. OSU leads Baylor all time by 19-14 and Baylor has won two of the last three. OU leads Baylor all time by 21 - 3 and Baylor has won two of the last three.

Both of you are right. So what's with OU's recent Baylor issue since 2011? When Baylor got their first Big 12 win against a BCS team from Oklahoma (hint: it wasn't OSU). What's more is that OU has been losing to them in dramatic fashion, while OSU has whooped them all but one year in dramatic fashion. Ruining their season, Heisman hopes of RG3 and that more recent kid, never giving up a single TD pass to RG3, etc...

For whatever reason, some how, some way, Gundy has always gotten the better of Briles, while Briles has always gotten the better of Stoops.

The only reason I say this is for the benefit of our OU friends who may not realize some fan bases still see Baylor for what they've always been. They are a paper tiger predicated entirely on annihilating small schools and besting OU.

BoulderSooner
10-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Well Baylor beat osu in 2005. That was the big 12 so again you show you have no clue

And in 13 osu lost it Baylor by 32.

onthestrip
10-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Well Baylor beat osu in 2005. That was the big 12 so again you show you have no clue

And in 13 osu lost it Baylor by 32.

Huh? In 2013 OSU blew out an undefeated and high scoring Baylor in Stillwater. Same for 2011, when Heisman winner RG3 was rendered useless. OSU has won 16 of the last 19 against Baylor. Obviously that doesnt mean much this year, but...well what were we arguing again? OU fans trying to minimize OSU's success or something?

Fact is, Baylor is not very good against OSU since the Big12 and hasnt won in Stillwater since leather helmets were used. And thats why I thought people were rushing a little too soon to crown them champs. Obviously their QB going down doesnt help but before that, Baylor's offense always slows down later in the year against better teams and more informed defenses. And when playing good teams on the road late in the year, they tend to stumble at some point.

Basically, who knows how November will play out.

BoulderSooner
10-28-2015, 08:59 AM
You are correct. My bad. A fat finger on my part.

AP
10-29-2015, 01:55 PM
An incredible piece on Stillwater. It really reflects how I believe a majority of OSU fans, including myself, feel about our University.

Stillwater Proves Once Again It Is the Greatest Thing a Town Can Possibly Be | Pistols Firing (http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/stillwater-proves-once-again-it-is-the-greatest-thing-a-town-can-possibly-be/)

OKCretro
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--osu-wr-jhajuan-seales-arrested-for-dui-174520937.html

jerrywall
10-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Would not surprise me if Seales is cut. Shame.

Martin
10-29-2015, 03:25 PM
quite possibly the worst week for an osu player to be involved in a dui. -M

gopokes88
10-29-2015, 03:35 PM
quite possibly the worst week for an osu player to be involved in a dui. -M

https://twitter.com/kylefredrickson/status/659831259066044416
https://twitter.com/kylefredrickson/status/659831337453400064

What a moron. Also, OSU crushes Tech this weekend in impressive fashion

OKCisOK4me
10-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Seales is obviously down on his on field production. Sure hate to see him go if that were to happen but he may need the time to re-evaluate his own being.

As for the game in Lubbock, I'm calling it a close one. If we win big, I'll eat my words but I won't be surprised if we lose either...

Spartan
10-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Seales or not, OSU's O finally made sure the deal was sealed! Good win. Never take winning in Lubbock lightly. Never take 8-0 lightly.

2nd or 3rd longest win streak in the country? I'm sure boulder sooner will invent something to the contrary, he is wrong about every single thing he has ever posted. Sorry I should've specified in Stillwater - I get different types of streaks confused occasionally

There is an undeniable trend against Baylor historically, and with this team currently. Oh and 7 straight against Taco Tech so there's another trend. We are the most disrespected undefeated team, but in addition to all of the above, almost all of OSU's current starters have done the following during this current uninterrupted streak:

1) Several tough gritty wins
2) Shown tremendous improvement on D, becoming one of the nation's top units
3) Shown tremendous improvement on O, becoming capable of winning a shoot out
4) Won several games on special teams
5) Best OU on the road
6) Beat Washington and Chris Petersen on the road
7) Win on the road at a fired up MAC school
8) Beat Texas on the road 4th straight in Austin
9) Beat KSU on the road more domination there
10) Night game victory at WVU
11) Won at Lubbock

Seems to me like a pretty ****ing spectacular résumé if I say so myself lol. Does anyone REALLY give us no chance against Baylor and TCU?

OKCisOK4me
11-01-2015, 01:54 AM
I'm here to eat my words...we covered the spread. Still surprised at that... Defense...no, special teams has a lot to work on before big game on FOX next Saturday.

okatty
11-01-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm here to eat my words...we covered the spread. Still surprised at that... Defense...no, special teams has a lot to work on before big game on FOX next Saturday.

Covered but it was all pokes wanted down 17 on different occasions. Big plays were huge in 4th. Now up the first of the big 3 in Stillwater w TCU next sat.

Watched ND Temple game and Herbie was pretty much bashing lack of defense in OSU tech game. As he put it "not a fan".

Committee rankings come out this week. That will be interesting!

gopokes88
11-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Well I was sorta right, the was an impressive win just not the way I implied it would be lol

Spartan
11-01-2015, 06:23 PM
I just think offense honestly trumps defense. You gotta score to win. I'd rather win 70-50 than 30-10. Luckily there isn't really a way that OSU has NOT won this year, which I've never seen before. This is by far Gundy's most well-rounded squad ever and even the local media still don't believe in it. I think Tramel is actually holding the Tech game against OSU somehow, maybe he only saw the first 20 min??

Bunty
11-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Notebook: Seales to return Saturday after DUI - ocolly.com : Sports (http://www.ocolly.com/sports/article_926a7c94-81cf-11e5-a3a6-5f2cdb03b133.html)

jerrywall
11-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Notebook: Seales to return Saturday after DUI - ocolly.com : Sports (http://www.ocolly.com/sports/article_926a7c94-81cf-11e5-a3a6-5f2cdb03b133.html)

I'm a pokes fan and an OSU alum. That said, between his previous incident, and now this, in light of the homecoming tragedy. He should be out. Gone. Booted. Made an example of. I'm sick.

okatty
11-03-2015, 10:50 AM
TCU is a 4.5 point fav with an O/U listed at 79.5. This is going to be a really interesting game I think. November in the Big 12!!:)

AP
11-03-2015, 10:53 AM
I just don't see OSU ending up better than 9-3. We are not a good team no matter how many stats people try to mangle to make us look that way. We can't compete with TCU, Baylor, or OU.

Spartan
11-03-2015, 11:02 AM
We will shellack Baylor and should do the same to OU, but who knows with Bedlam. Probably going to take some lumps this week. I'm expecting 10-2 and could get kind of messy if TCU chokes at all down the stretch.

okatty
11-03-2015, 11:26 AM
We will shellack Baylor and should do the same to OU, but who knows with Bedlam. Probably going to take some lumps this week. I'm expecting 10-2 and could get kind of messy if TCU chokes at all down the stretch.

So if you shellack Baylor and OU and lost to TCU who is the other loss to get to 10-2? I guess you are saying might lose to OU or is it another shocker in Ames? And if there is a "shellacking" in the Baylor game I think it will be the other way around. But then that's why we play the games!