View Full Version : CIA artifact of the week

trousers
07-14-2015, 05:59 PM
CIA is releasing info on historical spy gear.
Secret CIA spy gadgets go public - Photo 1 - Pictures - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/secret-cia-spy-gadgets-go-public/)
https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/cia-museum/experience-the-collection/index.html#!/collection

shawnw
07-15-2015, 08:15 AM
If you've never been to the international spy museum in DC, you've got to visit, especially if you have kids. It's spendy, but what isn't in DC? Totally worth it.

ctchandler
07-15-2015, 09:29 AM
If you've never been to the international spy museum in DC, you've got to visit, especially if you have kids. It's spendy, but what isn't in DC? Totally worth it.

Shawnw,
Actually, almost all of the most important and interesting places in Washington are free, the Smithsonian Institute, the U. S. Capitol, Whitehouse, Library of Congress, Holocaust museum, native American museum, all the monuments, Arlington Memorial Cemetery (Ok, it's in Arlington, a Washington suburb). The city is expensive but you can spend a week there and only buy food, drinks, and of course, souvenirs. At the end of each day, jump on the Met and go to your hotel in the suburbs where the rates are less expensive.
C. T.

shawnw
07-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Agree, and we went to those places, but the International Spy Museum is not free. It's still worth visiting, especially if you're a child of the cold war.

Tritone
07-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Missed that one when I was assigned to that area a few years back. This is second-hand I know, but I've heard nothing but good things about the spy museum. There are indeed lots of "free" things in D.C. I usually think of them as "pre-paid."

Bullbear
07-15-2015, 12:15 PM
on a trip to DC and outside one of the smithsonians I overheard a man telling his family that so many "Foreigners" are at the museums they should only be free to "mericans" because its our history not theirs and we could off set maintenance costs ect by charging them since they seem to out number "mericans" at the museums. he could have benefitted by a little history of how the Smithsonian institute came to be.. FACE PALM.