View Full Version : Oncue Express @ NW 23rd and N Santa Fe

sicksix
07-08-2015, 11:53 PM
I went by Oncue Express at NW 23rd and Santa Fe this evening and saw that their gas pumps now have the Phillip's 66 Logo above them. Has anyone seen this or know the reason why they are doing this? It looks horrible.

Urbanized
07-09-2015, 06:21 AM
I don't understand why it looks horrible..? It looks like they must have an agreement to distribute Phillips 66 gasoline, which would surely be preferable to whatever no-name gasoline brand might be at a pump otherwise at a C-store whose parent company isn't already in the refining business. I would think it would be seen by most as an upgrade.

AP
07-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I guess I'm missing why they look horrible. Like Urbanized said, they probably have an agreement to carry P66 branded gasoline, or they are on consignment and P66 actually owns the pumps, which is also pretty common, though I'm not sure how frequently Oncue does it.

MagzOK
07-09-2015, 08:56 AM
I like it. I want to know who's refined gas I'm putting in my vehicle. Not all gasoline is the same!

sicksix
07-11-2015, 04:08 PM
I think from a design perspective that OnCue having their normal logo on the building several different places then you have these massive black and red blow mold Phillips 66 logos above the pumps, really just throws the look off for me. It is nice that they are going with good gas but I would say it is a design fail.

terryinokc
07-15-2015, 08:21 AM
I think several of their stores in smaller towns have Phillips 66 brand gas also.

baralheia
07-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Their original stores were Conoco branded. My guess is, since OnCue has been trying to closely mimic brands like QuikTrip with respect to selling Top Tier gasoline, this fuel branding change is allowing them to up the level of detergents in their gas for cheaper. That's a pretty wild guess, though. Maybe one of us should reach out to OnCue and see if they can explain.

Brett
12-13-2015, 04:08 AM
Noticed this weekend that there is a huge drilling rig erected at the corner of the OnCue lot. I wonder if this is for the improved, new CNG filling station?

BB37
12-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Their original stores were Conoco branded. My guess is, since OnCue has been trying to closely mimic brands like QuikTrip with respect to selling Top Tier gasoline, this fuel branding change is allowing them to up the level of detergents in their gas for cheaper. That's a pretty wild guess, though. Maybe one of us should reach out to OnCue and see if they can explain.

Remember too, Conoco merged with/bought out Phillips several years ago, so the product probably hasn't changed, just the branding.

baralheia
12-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Noticed this weekend that there is a huge drilling rig erected at the corner of the OnCue lot. I wonder if this is for the improved, new CNG filling station?

Based on what I've heard from coworkers, I'm pretty sure the rig is a workover rig. Workover rigs are typically used for replacing major components of a completed well, such as the production tubing or the casing. I doubt this is related to OnCue's operations.

trousers
12-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Not to derail this thread but does anyone know what is going in at the NE corner of 36th & Sante Fe?

baralheia
12-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Not to derail this thread but does anyone know what is going in at the NE corner of 36th & Sante Fe?

That's going to be a new 7-Eleven. 7 Eleven - OKCTalk (http://www.okctalk.com/showwiki.php?title=7%20Eleven&page=1#post908383)

trousers
12-15-2015, 03:26 PM
That's going to be a new 7-Eleven. 7 Eleven - OKCTalk (http://www.okctalk.com/showwiki.php?title=7%20Eleven&page=1#post908383)

Thanks!