View Full Version : Singles groups in OKC

ChrisHayes
06-26-2015, 05:31 AM
Are there any singles groups in Oklahoma City, or groups for amateur golfers?

OkiePoke
06-26-2015, 07:13 AM
I'm always looking for someone to play some golf in our group. Let me know if you would be interested. We don't take it too seriously. We shoot around+20 golfers when we are just taking it easy..

bradh
06-26-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm always looking for someone to play some golf in our group. Let me know if you would be interested. We don't take it too seriously. +20 golfers usually.

is this like a men's league? where?

OkiePoke
06-26-2015, 09:29 AM
is this like a men's league? where?

Eh, confusing post. We usually shoot +20. Don't take ourselves too seriously. But, we can be good if we don't drink. Ha.

Just the facts
06-26-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm always looking for someone to play some golf in our group. Let me know if you would be interested. We don't take it too seriously. We shoot around+20 golfers when we are just taking it easy..

How many golfers do you shoot when you aren't taking it easy? :)

kelroy55
06-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Eh, confusing post. We usually shoot +20. Don't take ourselves too seriously. But, we can be good if we don't drink. Ha.

There's no fun in playing golf without beer :)

ChrisHayes
06-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Okay, cool. I'll look into that. I'm just a beginner though. Need a LOT of practice.

Jeepnokc
06-27-2015, 02:02 PM
There's no fun in playing golf without beer :)

If you ever want to play beer golf where you subtract the number of beers from your score...I will be your designated team drinker.

sooner88
06-27-2015, 11:58 PM

Glad to know there's golfers out there at this level.... all my friends are scratch and it is miserable to play with them. Am always game to play with people that are actually the same skill level.

Roger S
06-28-2015, 01:18 PM
Glad to know there's golfers out there at this level.... all my friends are scratch and it is miserable to play with them. Am always game to play with people that are actually the same skill level.

We have a Thursday night group that plays out of my office and we just play for fun too. No trash talking going on and everyone gets excited when someone hits a great shot.

We play from the white tees because we are all married and don't need to impress anyone any more. ;)

OkiePoke
06-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Would some of you guys be interested in getting a couple groups together? Maybe play James E. Stewart or Hefner sometime?

Roger S
06-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Would some of you guys be interested in getting a couple groups together? Maybe play James E. Stewart or Hefner sometime?

Stewart is where we play. Can easily get in 9 holes after work from about April to October.... I played 18 there this morning.

I really only have time for my Thursday night group... My weekly schedule pretty much goes.

Monday - Tuesday: League Billiards
Wednesday: Yardwork
Thursday: Golf
Friday: Headed to the cabin!