View Full Version : Civic Center Power Outage

okatty
06-25-2015, 02:35 PM
A power outage inside the Civic Center caused the Lyric production of Oklahoma to be postponed last night. That show will be performed on Sunday afternoon now. Sounds like tonight's show is iffy too.

An internal transformer in the basement blew out due to fire sprinkler malfunction - apparently water ran for 36 hours and the transfomer was almost under water. OUCH.

warreng88
06-25-2015, 04:43 PM
True, last night's show was rescheduled to Sunday at 2pm. They have a generator for the building now and the show tonight will go on as planned.

LocoAko
06-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Was supposed to go to the show that got canceled. We were disappointed that they refused to give us refunds even with two of our group moving out if state on Sunday. I know the purchase said non-refundable but we figured with an issue on their end and canceling the entire performance that it would be an option which was pretty frustrating. Wound up going last night and having to find a bunch of people to cover the tickets on short notice. That being said the production was awesome and I greatly enjoyed it. Never been to a show before where the whole audience gets up during the show, claps, and sings along to every word of a song....lol.

okatty
06-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Yes, I would have thought they would have given a refund under those circumstances. It is a fun show - we are going tonight. My daughter is in the show and said all the crowds have been fantastic. Glad you enjoyed it.:D

Spartan
06-27-2015, 04:52 PM
This happened once a few years ago too. I think I was still in college (like 6 years ago?) and it was a great Lyric production of Reefer Madness.

warreng88
06-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Was supposed to go to the show that got canceled. We were disappointed that they refused to give us refunds even with two of our group moving out if state on Sunday. I know the purchase said non-refundable but we figured with an issue on their end and canceling the entire performance that it would be an option which was pretty frustrating. Wound up going last night and having to find a bunch of people to cover the tickets on short notice. That being said the production was awesome and I greatly enjoyed it. Never been to a show before where the whole audience gets up during the show, claps, and sings along to every word of a song....lol.

I know the preference was for people to use their tickets on Sunday, but Lyric was offering to rebook tickets on any other performance. The problem was, people are put in different seats than they are used to for other performances which probably aren't as good as the seats they had on Wednesday night or would have at the Sunday matinee. So, they either have to get their same tickets to a show four days later when they might have plans, or they could book any other night, but most assuredly, they won't be as good as their original tickets. All that being said, sorry that is something you had to go through. I know the Lyric staff was on the phone all day Thursday and Friday answering calls due to the cancelled Wednesday night show and were doing everything they could to make everyone happy. I am also glad you had a good time and enjoyed the performance.

ljbab728
06-29-2015, 11:37 PM
I was at the Thursday performance and they announced that the electricity had only been completely restored at about 5:30PM so we felt very fortunate that we weren't inconvenienced. The air conditioning hadn't completely cooled the building yet but it was fine. It was a great show and all of party was thoroughly entertained and impressed.