View Full Version : Any luck dealing with lawn fungal diseases after very wet Spring?

BBatesokc
06-23-2015, 03:35 PM
As much as I welcomed all the rain this spring, it reeked havoc on my yard. All the moisture, followed by warm temps has created quite an outbreak of Brown Patch fungal disease in most of my lawn.

The trademark circular dead areas in the grass began forming weeks ago and I've yet to get a hold on it.

I assume this has been happening in other yards too.

I've tried a few over the counter remedies to no avail. My latest attempt is Spectracide Immunox sprayed from a garden hose. Haven't had it on the lawn long enough to know if its going to work.

Wondering if any others here are experiencing this and if they know of an effective product to fight it?

stick47
06-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Have about 15 spots in the front yard. (tif grass) The lawn guy sprinkled fertilizer around them and they're filling in now.

stick47
06-23-2015, 04:37 PM

Tritone
06-23-2015, 07:18 PM
When I moved into my house 20+ years ago I saw that I had an algae infestation in a portion of my back yard. All the bona fide experts I have spoken with have given me ways to cure it. When it gets wet it turns from greenish black and paper-thin to puffy green. You can actually hear it making a sort of bubbling noise. I have put everything under the sun on it. It just laughs and asks for more. Be glad you have fungus and not an algae.

jompster
06-23-2015, 08:06 PM
I had brown spots too... but once the sun came out from behind the veil of May, it thickened up a lot and turned an awesome green. Maybe fertilizer? Sorry you're having trouble with it.

BBatesokc
06-24-2015, 06:22 AM
I had brown spots too... but once the sun came out from behind the veil of May, it thickened up a lot and turned an awesome green. Maybe fertilizer? Sorry you're having trouble with it.

I did go ahead and fertilized. Also did some aeration as suggested by the seed store.

Problem is where I've got mostly fescue. It won't grow back like in places where there is Bermuda, etc. I need to get it stopped and then I pretty much have to wait until fall (lower temps) so I can put more fescue seed out.