View Full Version : Urgent!

Karried
09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I saw this plea today on a travel forum...
"This was sent to me by a dear friend and FEMA rescuer. Please read and help if possible. More to come.
Greetings, all --
I am writing to this list because I know you're all friends of pit bulls, and my daughter Molly is at this moment on the highway back from Louisiana with a load of four-legged survivors who need both temporary and permanent foster homes, IMMEDIATELY.

There are six pit bulls, a chow mix, a chihuahua mix, an unidentified mix, and three four-week-old pit bull pups taken from their mother because she was a bait-dog who had to be euthanized -- in too bad shape to survive. These particular dogs were transported after an agonizing "best dogs" triage made by Molly and the Neel Clinic Vet who were part of the FEMA animal crisis relief team that's been working at the LSU Vet School animal rescue center in Baton Rouge for the past several days.
Their caravan will be getting in to Neel Veterinary Clinic about midnight tonight (Sunday) and most of the dogs need to be moved on, preferably tomorrow. Neel Clinic is generously supplying their veterinary care and eventual spaying/neutering.
PLEASE HELP IF YOU POSSIBLY CAN! These dogs have been through trauma of a magnitude we can hardly comprehend, and they deserve safe, warm, loving homes. Call Molly or me at home, (405) 848-5272 any time day or night. Or, Monday morning I will be in my office, (405)789-9105.

Thanks for whatever you can do, including passing the word to other dog-lovers who might provide safe homes for pit bulls. Please be very careful -- we want to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that none of these dogs fall into the hands of the damnable dog fighters.

Joyce Gibb"

Curt
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I really hope these dogs get good homes. And please dont let the words Pit Bull scare you. I know a woman that has three, and from the first time these dogs met me they loved me and are big babies and one even always likes to sit on my lap and put her head on my shoulder, she is a sweetheart. I wish I could help out.