View Full Version : Adult/Family Birthday Party

OkiePoke
06-09-2015, 09:18 AM
My sister is having her birthday this weekend. Nothing too big, but I have been tasked with finding something to do. It is going to be small, 5-8 people. I'm just looking for something to do, centered around food probably. But I would like for it to be 3-4 hours so going out to eat really won't cut it.

So, I'm asking you (the all-knowing) what suggestions you have for this.

I would love to go to Top Golf... but for obvious reasons, that would be out. It can't be too physical either. I am thinking about bowling at Dust Bowl or something too. Just looking for other ideas.

Thanks.

okatty
06-09-2015, 09:23 AM
We took a group out to Eishen's for a birthday type party - was pretty fun and a road trip but was just kinda hanging out for beer and chicken!:)

Also attended one on one of the river cruises downtown but they rented the entire boat - not sure if there is a smaller option. Then went to Skirvin bar afterward. Also fun night.

ChaseDweller
06-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Private lane at the Dust Bowl. Big Fun followed by food at Fassler Hall. We did this for my wife's birthday and had a blast.

FighttheGoodFight
06-09-2015, 01:18 PM
We have a great time with six family members at Main Event. Arcade games, food and bowling.

zookeeper
06-09-2015, 03:21 PM
We have a great time with six family members at Main Event. Arcade games, food and bowling.

I'll second this. What a great family place! I was impressed with the fact you can be my age and still feel like a kid again and enjoy it all at any age. I felt like I stepped back in time for a few hours. Great fun!

Pete
06-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Third for Main Event. It was the first place I thought of.

Easy180
06-09-2015, 07:50 PM
If you want something a little less hectic than Dust Bowl (with ample parking lol) try a private lane upstairs at the adults only lanes at Hey Day in Norman. We also enjoyed Dust Bowl but our brains hurt trying to keep score with a pencil :rolleyes:

kevinpate
06-10-2015, 06:38 AM
Scoring bowling is easy.

Ball enters lane sans a human = 5 points.
Ball rolls full lane sans gutter = 5 points.
Ball crosses line with human still attached = -7 points
Ball dusts a gutter = -4 points.

Whatever happens with the big white sticks is pretty irrelevant. The machine takes care of those things so they can just be ignored.

CCOKC
06-10-2015, 04:32 PM
I have done a river cruise as a birthday party for 7 people. Everyone said they had a good time.