View Full Version : Mid-Del Triangle?

Bill Robertson
06-09-2015, 07:08 AM
My team was in a three day pool tournament in Midwest City over the weekend. Saturday at about noon I'm driving the car down I44 and just before the I40 East exit something shiny about 1 inch wide and 6 inches long comes bouncing out from underneath the car in front of me and I hear it bouncing off the bottom of my car as I go over it. On the bridge between Eastern and MWC my low tire light comes on. About 1000 feet or so before the Scott Street exit the right rear blows. I pull up next to the abandoned car wash at the CONOCO on Scott and change the tire. On Sunday at about noon I'm riding down I40 on the Harley and at about Eastern it goes to something like half power for a bit then goes back to normal. Does the same thing just before the end of the bridge. At about 1000 feet or so before the Scott Street exit she dies. At almost the exact same place the tire blew the day before. Coincidence? I don't know but we play the same place next weekend and I'm NOT going out I40!

Roger S
06-09-2015, 07:21 AM
My team was in a three day pool tournament in Midwest City over the weekend.

How did you guys do? I think one of the teams from the bar I play at won the whole thing.

I don't play APA any longer because I don't like all the manipulating of the system that goes on but I play in a Scotch Doubles league on Mondays and an in-house league on Tuesdays.

Bill Robertson
06-09-2015, 07:37 AM
These playoffs I don't quite understand yet. This is the first year I've played league in 25 years or more. My team won our bracket so we won $500 and now we play in the City-Wide next weekend to try and qualify for the Nationals. I think.

Roger S
06-09-2015, 08:37 AM
These playoffs I don't quite understand yet. This is the first year I've played league in 25 years or more. My team won our bracket so we won $500 and now we play in the City-Wide next weekend to try and qualify for the Nationals. I think.

Been a few years since I played APA but we just had a 4 team playoff to decide who went to city wide.... That may have changed if they now have more teams...... Heck I know people that play 5 nights a week in multiple leagues... APA, BCA, USAPL, etc... Two nights a week is almost more than I can handle when we run late.

Bill Robertson
06-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Been a few years since I played APA but we just had a 4 team playoff to decide who went to city wide.... That may have changed if they now have more teams...... Heck I know people that play 5 nights a week in multiple leagues... APA, BCA, USAPL, etc... Two nights a week is almost more than I can handle when we run late.4 teams is how it was way back when I played before. Now there are playoffs of about 10ish teams at the end of each session )summer, fall and spring). They call these playoffs the Tri-Cup. Then after the Spring Tri-Cup, which was last weekend, the top two teams from each sessions Tri-Cup, or six teams total, play in the City-Wide to determine the overall champion. I think. I'm still a bit confused.

Bill Robertson
06-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Another kind-of funny story from Sunday. Since I was on the bike I wore an American flag do-rag which I always do when on the bike. I debated whether to leave it on inside or not. I decided to wear it. I've never been stared at so much in my life. And I've been in lots of bars, worn do-rags in most of them, and never been looked at twice. I'm just wondering if Waco has anything to do with it.