View Full Version : Fittin' in.

Leon
09-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I went out tonight...to Grahams....I believe I had an awakening there this evening. Passive...go ahead and label me that way.

Ya see, I enjoy country music as well as any other....but I'm anything BUT country. So I looked around...cowgirls and cowboys. I didn't fit. I thought, "What are these ladies looking for?"...Answer: The men who are here....fellas in their cowboy boots and hats with those jacked-up, thick, long-sleeved shirts on...no wonder I didn't catch an eye.

When my (soon to be) X and I used to go out, it was to country bars...That was great but it was great because I was not looking. Sad to say but I don't fit in there anymore...with a date I would though, but I wont meet anyone there.

So I wondered where do people like me hang out?...I don't know. I like many types of music but I don't look like any of them. I guess I need to reconsider Yahoo personals and leave behind the bar scene.

Jay
09-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I am not big on dance clubs myself but, I have found I am more successful at meeting women when I go with other people. Dance clubs are focused on groups of people hanging out together. That way you can still have a good time with friends even if you don't meet anyone.

osupa05
10-02-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree.... it's better to go there with groups of friends or with a date (preferably one who dances!). I went by myself to Graham's (I think I already told that story), and it took a long time for anyone to approach me... and even then that was after the radio guys helped me out by telling me how to become more visible! It was an interesting experience... and there definitely weren't too many people there who were alone (I think I was the only one!). Just a word of advice... if you approach a girl who's alone, don't ask her were her boyfriend is or why is she alone... almost every guy who came up to me asked me that, and it got old and frustrating.. although I understood where they were coming from.. wanting to make sure I wasnt' taken. A better approach.. just ask them to dance. If they are worth there weight in gold, they would be honest and say that they had a boyfriend (if that was the case).

Curt
10-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Either way...going to a bar alone just plain isn't easy. Although I have done it when no one else wanted to go out I felt like everyone was staring at the "loser" sitting at the bar. I think, and I may be wrong about this, but I think when women see a guy alone at the bar they see a desperate guy looking for a date.

sweetdaisy
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Men alone at a bar isn't nearly as bad as a woman alone at a bar. A guy can be out just having a beer watching the ballgame, etc. A woman sitting by herself at a bar looks like the gal is trying to hook up for the night. Never mind it's dangerous.

Curt
10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Men alone at a bar isn't nearly as bad as a woman alone at a bar. A guy can be out just having a beer watching the ballgame, etc. A woman sitting by herself at a bar looks like the gal is trying to hook up for the night. Never mind it's dangerous.
True.......I see so many girls that think nothing will ever happen to them leaving a bar alone at night. That bothers me. My buddy and I were at a bar here one night, and this girl sat down next to us and was just drunk out of her mind. There was this guy just groping her up and down..pulling her shirt open and grabbing her ass..she was so drunk she just started kissing him..made me sick. I wonder what ever happend to her that night.

Linda
10-05-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't really do clubs. I'd rather go out on a quiet romantic date with a man.

Dave Cook
10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Funny you should mention Grahams.

I went there a few times back in the early 90's, moved away from Oklahoma for about 9 years, and just in the past month returned.

Went to Grahams one night and was surprised just by how much the place HAS NOT CHANGED. Incredible. Same crowd.

By the way...I'm a little surprised people still do the 'electric slide'. Good Lord. At least folks out in the world had enough sense to finally stop doing the macarana.

Ugh!

sweetdaisy
10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
I remember being in an aerobics class years ago, and part of the routine was the "electric slide", though that's not what it was called. I thought that was pretty funny.

Now, if people would just stop doing the "chicken dance" at weddings, I think we'd be getting somewhere.

Curt
10-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Now, if people would just stop doing the "chicken dance" at weddings, I think we'd be getting somewhere.
Now I'm gonna have that stupid tune stuck in my head all day......:)

sweetdaisy
10-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I'm being plagued by "The Macarena". I guess misery loves company, huh? :)

Curt
10-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I'm being plagued by "The Macarena". I guess misery loves company, huh? :)
Ya got that right...:)

Leon
10-08-2005, 11:02 PM
I remember being in an aerobics class years ago, and part of the routine was the "electric slide", though that's not what it was called. I thought that was pretty funny.

I love the chicken dance....never did it myself but it cracks me up to watch.