View Full Version : Phone Numbers

Leon
09-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Is asking for a phone number a 'personal' question? "Cause ya gotta admit, giving a phone number can be seen as an invitation.

sweetdaisy
09-10-2005, 08:57 AM
I've actually started giving my email address before I give my phone number. But I really don't like talking on the phone that much, either. So, I'd rather talk in person or via email before the digits are passed. I'm kinda weird, though. :)

Jay
09-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Is asking for a phone number a 'personal' question? "Cause ya gotta admit, giving a phone number can be seen as an invitation.

Of Course it is anytime a person of the opposite sex ask for your phone number and there is no other clear reason for them to have it (i.e.: school, work, church, social group) The chances are pretty good that the person asking for the number has a romantic interest in the person their asking.

mranderson
09-10-2005, 10:39 AM
I will give almost anyone my email address, but my phone number is like my "statistics," or first name. Private. When I visited car dealers, I only gave three my phone number, and two only because I was negotiating to buy the car. The third was the selling dealer.

I have a delete feature on the email, but not the telephone, and it is rude to hang up on someone. It is not rude to send a polite reply, then delete.

dirtrider73068
09-10-2005, 05:10 PM
In a round about way it can be to ask. But if you have been out on a few dates then asking for a number to chat some I don't see why not. Those that give out there number for buying cars or credit card apps are asking for solicit calls. I just them I don't have a phone, and just say use my mail addy to find me.

Rude to hang up on someone, not me if they us my number to solicit or sell my number to another third party, I am not about to be kind and not hang up, I tell them no if they keep on click, goes the phone. I don't have the time for people like those, now if I was talking with someone then I would tell them hey I am getting off phone now, if they persit I will get more and more hasty(?) in telling them I need to go.

Spookytourchick
09-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Honestly I would be shocked and relieved if someone was bold enough to ask for my phone number. You all know how I feel about the men here in this state (passive) sometimes its okay to just go for it, especially if your giving the "okay" to each other.

I think the direct approach is dead. People care too much about being politically correct these days. If you feel it, then ask.

Jay
09-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Honestly I would be shocked and relieved if someone was bold enough to ask for my phone number. You all know how I feel about the men here in this state (passive) sometimes its okay to just go for it, especially if your giving the "okay" to each other.

I think the direct approach is dead. People care too much about being politically correct these days. If you feel it, then ask.

Not me..... almost every woman I have had an interest in I have always ask for her number.

I did however have one bad expierence when I asked for this one girls number. She gave it to me and I called her a few days later. She answered and said she would call me back because she was eating. Needless to say I'm still waiting on her to call me back. I knew the instant she said that she was not interested in me.

What is wrong with saying no I'm not interested in giving you my number. She could have said how about I call you.

I just wish all women could be forward enough to say thanks but, no thanks. You can say it whatever way you want. Be blunt about it, be rude, say it nicely I don't care.

Rejection does not bother me I would rather know you have no interest in me. Than to be left thinking there might be a chance. There are millions of women out there that are eligible. I don't see any reason to get hung up on one because she turned me down.

mranderson
09-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Not me..... almost every woman I have had an interest in I have always ask for her number.

I did however have one bad expierence when I asked for this one girls number. She gave it to me and I called her a few days later. She answered and said she would call me back because she was eating. Needless to say I'm still waiting on her to call me back. I knew the instant she said that she was not interested in me.

What is wrong with saying no I'm not interested in giving you my number. She could have said how about I call you.

I just wish all women could be forward enough to say thanks but, no thanks. You can say it whatever way you want. Be blunt about it, be rude, say it nicely I don't care.

Rejection does not bother me I would rather know you have no interest in me. Than to be left thinking there might be a chance. There are millions of women out there that are eligible. I don't see any reason to get hung up on one because she turned me down.

It could be worse. I had one tell me her number was 800-u-n-l-i-s-t-e-d. After I figured it out, I knew she was not interested.:stars:

sweetdaisy
09-16-2005, 03:56 PM
This makes me a little curious. What would you guys think about a girl who just up and gave you her phone number without you asking? I know off the cuff, you'd probably say "yeah, I'd love that!", but if you stop and really think, is that truly how you'd feel about it? What about a girl who asked you for YOUR phone number?

dirtrider73068
09-16-2005, 10:13 PM
This makes me a little curious. What would you guys think about a girl who just up and gave you her phone number without you asking? I know off the cuff, you'd probably say "yeah, I'd love that!", but if you stop and really think, is that truly how you'd feel about it? What about a girl who asked you for YOUR phone number?

I would be astonished if a girl came up and asked for my number. In fact I would like for a girl every so often to ask em efor my number or to come and stick up a conversation with me. I am not a very open person and will not take first move, but if a girl comes to me first I will oipen up so if she was to ask for my number I woudl give it to her, but first talking with her some to get a feel if she would actually call me after the fact.

Jay
09-16-2005, 10:47 PM

I see no problem with it.

I think regardless of what sex you are you should have the nerve to ask for a phone number or a date. You never know what a person might say until you ask them.

Sweetdaisy I have military buddy that met his wife that way. He was out shooting pool on a Friday night with some friends and she walked up to him. They talked for a while she asked for his number and suggested they get together sometime. They got married one year to the exact date that they met.

Last I heard from him they had a daughter and they were moving back to his home state.

Just goes to show you what might happen when you take a chance.

Leon
09-16-2005, 10:58 PM

If we had been talking long enough that it might be appropriate for me to ask for it but she offered it first, that'd be great.

If a girl asked for my number then I'd probably think the same thing a woman thinks...."Would I mind if she called me?" I wouldn't think of her as sleazy unless we hadn't talked.

I'm sure most men would be flatterd if a woman, after a resonable time, offered her phone number.......Does anyone think women can say that?...."flattered if offered a number"?

Curt
09-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I have had girls ask me for my number, none of them ever called either. Even if they dont ask me for my number when I meet someone I offer them mine first, that way there is no pressure. I'd rather them take mine and not call me, rather then them give me theirs and blow me off, or have me call them only to have another guy answer.

Curt
09-17-2005, 02:20 PM
I see no problem with it.

I think regardless of what sex you are you should have the nerve to ask for a phone number or a date. You never know what a person might say until you ask them.

Sweetdaisy I have military buddy that met his wife that way. He was out shooting pool on a Friday night with some friends and she walked up to him. They talked for a while she asked for his number and suggested they get together sometime. They got married one year to the exact date that they met.

Last I heard from him they had a daughter and they were moving back to his home state.

Just goes to show you what might happen when you take a chance.
Amen brother.