View Full Version : NBA for OKC?

Dungeon Master
09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Channel 5 reported that OKC is on a short list of locations to relocate the New Orleans Hornets to OKC.

mranderson
09-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Channel 5 reported that OKC is on a short list of locations to relocate the New Orleans Hornets to OKC.

I think we are on the list with Kansas City. Possibly Las Vegas and San Diego. Baton Rouge will stay on that list until the decision is made. My gut feeling is you can expect the "Oklahoma City" Hornets to be announced by the end of next week.

Dungeon Master
09-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Well the location is good, the arena is new and high tech, and I think it will help them out being fairly close to home (or at least where they were playing).
If anything, it will give an idea of how OKC's reaction would be to a possible future NBA team.
And if it does happen, I can only imagine how OKC and surrounding cities could prosper from extra events like NBA. Additional out-of-town visitors can't do anything but help our ever growing economy.

Karried
09-09-2005, 05:58 PM
They are not going to be Oklahoma City Hornets -

That's almost like taking in a foster child who just lost his parents and forcing them to call you mom and dad.

They are the New Orleans Hornets, which may possibly be our honored guests here - nothing more.

This could be a time to shine, by welcoming them to our city, not embarrass ourselves.

Dungeon Master
09-09-2005, 06:13 PM
They are not going to be Oklahoma City Hornets -

That's almost like taking in a foster child who just lost his parents and forcing them to call you mom and dad.

They are the New Orleans Hornets, which may possibly be our honored guests here - nothing more.

This could be a time to shine, by welcoming them to our city, not embarrass ourselves.

True, very true.

workman45
09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Hang in there Karried, maybe they will get the point eventually.

HOT ROD
09-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Get ready OKC (and Oklahoma), I foresee a long, prosperous future ahead.

RENAISSANCE!!!