View Full Version : Guacamole Take Out

ljbab728
05-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Does anyone have a good suggestion for picking up some good guac in NW OKC to take home. I'm sure I could likely make better an home, but sometimes I'm just too lazy or don't have time. There are probably numerous places in South OKC, but I don't want to drive that far just to get guac.

Dustin
05-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Casa Perico on 122nd and Penn has really good guacamole. It's more N central than NW but pretty close.

ljbab728
05-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Casa Perico on 122nd and Penn has really good guacamole. It's more N central than NW but pretty close.

I'm about one block from Casa Perico at 63rd and Meridian. Do they offer guacamole only as a take out? Would that be more expensive than a grocery deli? I was wondering more about a Mexican grocery deli than a restaurant.

Dustin
05-08-2015, 10:47 PM
I pick up chips and dip from there a lot. I'm pretty sure they would do a to-go order of guacamole.

Their large order of guac is 7.99. And I don't usually tip when I pick up a to-go order because I call it in and I'm in and out in 2 minutes.

Jeepnokc
05-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Las Vaqueros on South Western

ljbab728
05-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Las Vaqueros on South Western

I appreciate that suggestion but, as I said, I don't want to drive to South OKC just to get guac.

Jeepnokc
05-08-2015, 11:17 PM
I appreciate that suggestion but, as I said, I don't want to drive to South OKC just to get guac.

My bad....misread post thinking that you were looking south. I had hernia surgery this morning so operating under the influence of some pretty good painkillers. That explains why everyone else was talking north places and I was thinking...post said south!

ljbab728
05-08-2015, 11:29 PM
My bad....misread post thinking that you were looking south. I had hernia surgery this morning so operating under the influence of some pretty good painkillers. That explains why everyone else was talking north places and I was thinking...post said south!
OUCH! No other explanations are necessary. Hope everything goes well.

Mel
05-08-2015, 11:54 PM

Hope you're doing OK. This kind of weather only makes it worse that you're laid up. They gave my DW some perc's in a strength I didn't know they made. It does help with the pain but jacks with your cognitive abilities.

gamecock
05-09-2015, 06:08 AM
Does anyone have a good suggestion for picking up some good guac in NW OKC to take home. I'm sure I could likely make better an home, but sometimes I'm just too lazy or don't have time. There are probably numerous places in South OKC, but I don't want to drive that far just to get guac.

I like the guac prepared at Whole Foods when I don't feel like making it myself. It's pretty smooth, though (not very chunky) . . . maybe mix the mild and the spicy.

Jeepnokc
05-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Hope you're doing OK. This kind of weather only makes it worse that you're laid up. They gave my DW some perc's in a strength I didn't know they made. It does help with the pain but jacks with your cognitive abilities.

Thanks. The worst part is moving. As long as I lay still on my back..no pain. They gave me hyrocodone which I tolerate well Some guacamole would be nice though (Sorry to hijack the thread)