View Full Version : Ziggy's.. Mr. Cools...

mmonroe
04-28-2015, 07:49 PM
So... after Mr(s). Cools was busted about a month ago, Ziggy's was targeted and hit by the AG. Unlike the info on Mr(s). Cools, it was instantaneous and we knew why. A week after Ziggy's gets busted, and i'm finding nothing new about it. They didn't say why they were busted except for the assumptions of synthetic marijuana.

Anyone know anything? Was the AG targeting Ziggy's on false intel?

I'm not for the sale of synthetic marijuana, but I am against any business being targeted by the federal government without just cause. If Ziggy's was in fact selling it, after it was illegal, then by all means, bust them. I have been inside Mr(s). Cools and Ziggy's, i've seen the "potpouri" / "incense" / "K2" etc that they have sold before the list of chemicals and ingredients were outlawed. When that happened, the formula was changed to produce the same or similar affect of it's now outlawed predecessor and still following under the same name. This process repeats until we start getting into more dangerous chemical concoctions.

I'm worried how far the prohibition of marijuana will continue to produce such items that are killing people. As far as I know, you can't OD on marijuana. To take that a step farther, when I have children, if they were every to try a drug with friends by peer pressure or whatever, (and my parental power of persuasion didn't cross their mind) i'd much prefer to find them smoking something that wouldn't actually kill them vs trying some synthetic, meth or huffing off a neighbors AC unit.

bchris02
04-28-2015, 08:12 PM
I agree.

Today's K2/Spice is much more dangerous than it was when they first started banning it a few years ago because they have banned all the "safer**" chemicals. If they want to get rid of the problem all together, why not legalize the real thing?

However, the state of Oklahoma doesn't care about doing what is sensible. They want to enforce sobriety at all costs.

okatty
04-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Ziggys was a multi-agency investigation that included both Feds and State - DEA, Homeland Security, IRS, OBN and others. I'd be surprised if this won't be pursued through Fed Grand Jury which can take time and this can be really just part of the investigation based on sufficient information to get the warrant. They could end up with counts based on tax fraud or something not directly indicted as drug charges. Time will tell.

onthestrip
04-29-2015, 08:45 AM
You would think that with the many horror stories of people that smoked synthetic pot that the problem wouldnt be growing like it is. Maybe it is more addictive than we realize. But it also is a unintended consequence of our overly harsh pot laws. I bet Colorado, Washington, and California arent having this big of problem with synthetic pot.

bchris02
04-29-2015, 09:09 AM
You would think that with the many horror stories of people that smoked synthetic pot that the problem wouldnt be growing like it is. Maybe it is more addictive than we realize. But it also is a unintended consequence of our overly harsh pot laws. I bet Colorado, Washington, and California arent having this big of problem with synthetic pot.

It would be interesting to see statistics on synthetic pot sales in relation to how strict the state laws against real cannabis are. In Oklahoma, the laws are so strict that if I wanted to smoke, I wouldn't see it worth the risk. In many states getting caught is pretty much the equivalent of a traffic ticket but in Oklahoma it can ruin your life. I am sure that plays a role in why synthetic cannabis is so popular here.

Mel
04-29-2015, 06:23 PM

Remember this old business? Wish they were still around.

Achilleslastand
04-29-2015, 07:15 PM

Remember this old business? Wish they were still around.

Wait a sec...
Was this on the east side of the Red Dog? Or am I thinking of something similar?

Urbanized
04-29-2015, 08:49 PM
^^^^^^^
You are correct. By the way, I only went there for the rock posters.

Achilleslastand
04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
^^^^^^^
You are correct. By the way, I only went there for the rock posters.

Right lol.......
And judging by the scenery at the Red Dog its safe to say those black light posters were better looking.

boscorama
04-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Anyone remember Operation Green Merchant in 1989, where 'they' went after distributors of hydroponic gardening supplies, etc.?

Mel
04-29-2015, 10:51 PM
Wait a sec...
Was this on the east side of the Red Dog? Or am I thinking of something similar?

You are correct. It's the original sign from Lady Ann's. I was helping my son move out of some crappy apartments at NW 10th. and McArthur, throwing some of his junk away and it was sitting by the dumpster. This was right before or right after they closed. Yes, they had some fine UV posters, and incense and stuff. It was a mighty fine non-corporate locally owned hippie store.