View Full Version : This Woman Makes the ESPN Reporter seem nice

MsProudSooner
04-18-2015, 10:20 PM
A female veterinarian in Texas trapped and shot a cat with a bow and arrow and then posted her picture with the cat on Facebook. The ESPN reporter appears to be a b!tch. The vet appears to be a sociopathic b!tch.

Veterinarian posts FB photo of cat shot with arrow - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/18/us/texas-veterinarian-facebook-cat-shot/)

Eddie1
04-18-2015, 10:22 PM
Absolutely disgusting. She needs to lose her license. Forever.

MadMonk
04-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Wow, it amazes me that some people seem to forget who they are and what they do for a living when posting stuff.

It's bad enough that a vet did something like this, but the depths of stupidity required to even consider posting it online floors me.

Urbanized
04-19-2015, 09:21 AM
I think sometimes people somehow assume that only their friends will see their posts, and also mistakenly believe that their friends and family all share the same values that they have.

Mel
04-19-2015, 12:13 PM
I am not going to hit that link. Just the description makes me ill.

BBatesokc
04-20-2015, 05:48 AM
I am not going to hit that link. Just the description makes me ill.

I hit the link because I was hoping for additional information that might put the story in proper perspective....

I'd like to have known how rural of a setting the vet lived in and if there was possibly a community of feral cats in the area.

I did notice she did indeed set her photo post to 'public' -- which was pretty stupid. I rarely use the public setting.

I'd also liked to have known how far away the alleged cat owner lived... These homes must be in a country setting and on acreages.

I personally know people who live in a country setting and they wouldn't hesitate to kill a feral cat and nobody judges them because of it. Of course they chalk it up to 'country living' and don't boast about it on Facebook with the dead animal.

I'm a big animal lover, but unless she knew the cat belonged to a neighbor, I'm not all that upset about it.

Go to any local (non-no-kill) animal shelter and its not a pretty picture how many dogs and cats they kill routinely.

Had she not been a vet who posted this publicly online, I'd personally not have thought much about it either way.

MsProudSooner
04-20-2015, 09:24 AM
I hit the link because I was hoping for additional information that might put the story in proper perspective....

I'd like to have known how rural of a setting the vet lived in and if there was possibly a community of feral cats in the area.

I did notice she did indeed set her photo post to 'public' -- which was pretty stupid. I rarely use the public setting.

I'd also liked to have known how far away the alleged cat owner lived... These homes must be in a country setting and on acreages.

I personally know people who live in a country setting and they wouldn't hesitate to kill a feral cat and nobody judges them because of it. Of course they chalk it up to 'country living' and don't boast about it on Facebook with the dead animal.

I'm a big animal lover, but unless she knew the cat belonged to a neighbor, I'm not all that upset about it.

Go to any local (non-no-kill) animal shelter and its not a pretty picture how many dogs and cats they kill routinely.

Had she not been a vet who posted this publicly online, I'd personally not have thought much about it either way.

In my opinion, the fact that she is a veterinarian is what makes her actions so reprehensible.

Assume that the cat was feral and she trapped it because it was a nuisance. She could have taken it to animal control so it could have been neutered and adopted or humanely euthanized. The fact that she used it to practice her skills with a bow and arrow and then bragged about it on Facebook seriously calls into question her fitness to be a veterinarian. Her actions were definitely inhumane and probably unethical. I certainly wouldn't want her to be in charge of caring for an animal that I cared about.

kelroy55
04-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Then an animal rescuer said that Lindsey's prey was probably not a feral cat but the pet of an elderly couple, who called him "Tiger." He had gone missing on Wednesday, the same day that Lindsey posted the photo of the slain cat.

CNN has not been able to confirm the claim.

As the firestorm grew, Lindsey wrote in the comments underneath her post: "no I did not lose my job. Lol. Psshh. Like someone would get rid of me. I'm awesome!"

That prediction was wrong.

Fired from clinic

The clinic fired Lindsey, covered her name on its marquis with duct tape, and publicly distanced itself from her actions.

"Our goal now is to go on and try to fix our black eye and hope that people are reasonable and understand that those actions don't anyway portray what we're for here at Washington Animal Clinic," said Dr. Bruce Buenger. "We put our heart and soul into this place."

The clinic told WBTX that Lindsey was not available for comment. CNN is reaching out to her. She removed her controversial post then eventually shut down her Facebook page.

Calls overload dispatchers

Callers also complained to the Brenham Police Department and Washington County Animal Control, as her Facebook post went viral.

The sheriff's office in Austin County, where the cat was apparently shot, is investigating, and Lindsey could face charges. Its dispatchers were overloaded with calls, the sheriff posted on Facebook.

"We are asking you to please take it easy on our dispatchers. As soon as the investigation is complete, we will post the relevant information here on this page," the post read.

$7,500 reward

Animal rights activists are pushing for charges.

"Animal cruelty must be taken seriously, and the guilty parties should be punished to the fullest extent of the law," said cat advocacy activist Becky Robinson. Her organization, Alley Cat Allies, is offering a $7,500 reward for evidence leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who shot the cat.

But others stood up for Lindsey. "She's amazing. She's caring," said customer Shannon Stoddard. "She's a good vet, so maybe her bad choice of posting something on Facebook was not good. But I don't think she should be judged for it."

She dropped off balloons at the animal clinic for Lindsey with a thank you note.

BBatesokc
04-20-2015, 09:51 AM
In my opinion, the fact that she is a veterinarian is what makes her actions so reprehensible.

Assume that the cat was feral and she trapped it because it was a nuisance. She could have taken it to animal control so it could have been neutered and adopted or humanely euthanized. The fact that she used it to practice her skills with a bow and arrow and then bragged about it on Facebook seriously calls into question her fitness to be a veterinarian. Her actions were definitely inhumane and probably unethical. I certainly wouldn't want her to be in charge of caring for an animal that I cared about.

I get that - and I agree, her profession is most likely what is enraging many people. Though, I believe she still would have been attacked online for the pic alone had she not been a vet. People go cray-cray when they see an animal they've labeled 'sweet', 'cute', 'harmless' hunted down by humans - all the recent exotic trophy pics and shaming I've seen lately come to mind. But nobody thinks twice about how their burger or chicken got on their plate. Or even how many of their medicines and cosmetics were tested. Or, the thousands of pets that live in agony in animal mills that people support with their dollars. But, that's a different topic.

If she indeed thought it was a feral cat, I personally don't see its much more different than had she taken out a squirrel, rabbit, deer, etc.

We raised two pretty darn adorable turkeys and then butchered them - yep, even posted a pic on Facebook.

I get the whole 'but its a cat' outrage. The pic made me squirm a bit myself. But I have this ability to detach emotion from a situation when I'm trying to resolve it in my head, and when I do that, I'm not outraged at the killing, I'm just dismayed at the lack of common sense when posting it.

Had she lived in one of our postage stamp neighborhoods and the odds of the cat being feral were slim, then I'd be a bit more worked up against her. But the comments I see online posted in reference to her and what people think should happen are far more ludicrous than the act committed.

hoya
04-20-2015, 11:02 AM
It's just a cat. Not like it's a real animal.