View Full Version : Last week or so of april

harp23
04-17-2015, 07:45 AM
For 5 or 6 years now I've noticed that there is a lot that goes on in the OKC area during this time, perhaps more events than any other time of the year. You can start with the Festival of the Arts, the Memorial Marathon, NBA Playoffs (not this year though), Dodgers Baseball, 89 Days in Guthrie, Norman Music Festival, Horse Racing at Remington, Barons Hockey, Energy Soccer, 8 on H just to name a few of the things I'm aware of. Take these events and add a parade or two, some concerts and a couple other things and you start to have something that resembles Fiesta San Antonio which is currently taking place in the Alamo City for the next 10 days. If your not familiar with Fiesta, it's just a bunch of events spread out over 10 days and it all started from a single event decades ago called the Parade of Flowers. Maybe I'm nuts but if you were to market all these events and give them a name like FIESTA, perhaps you could start bringing in some serious tourism dollars.

Mike_M
04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Saw this the other day, just didn't have a chance to reply. I actually think it's a great idea, but with OKC's super safe, generic track record with marketing, I can't say I'm really confident of the city promoting this correctly. I also imagine it would be quite the logistical task to get every one of these independent events on board year after year.