View Full Version : Are women more subtle?

Leon
09-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Are women more subtle to a man when they find him attractive than men are when they find a woman attractive? In text, how do women show it?

mranderson
09-09-2005, 11:49 AM
For every cheater, there is a cheater.

I really do not think "once a cheater, always a cheater" either. There have been documented cases where the cheater, once caught, reformed his or herself and never did it again... My dad is one of those.

Intrepid
09-09-2005, 12:23 PM
For every cheater, there is a cheater.

I really do not think "once a cheater, always a cheater" either. There have been documented cases where the cheater, once caught, reformed his or herself and never did it again... My dad is one of those.

Not trying to bicker or anything, but what does Leon's question have to do about cheating???

Leon
09-09-2005, 12:27 PM
He must've been replying to a different post.

mranderson
09-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Not trying to bicker or anything, but what does Leon's question have to do about cheating???

Oops. I do a lot of these at work and have to take a call in the middle of reading something. Mistakes will happen. Sorry. You are correct. It was the cheating thread I was thinking about.

(I will ask that this be moved to the correct thread)

Intrepid
09-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Oops. I do a lot of these at work and have to take a call in the middle of reading something. Mistakes will happen. Sorry. You are correct. It was the cheating thread I was thinking about.

(I will ask that this be moved to the correct thread)

LOL! I totally understand. I was just sitting there thinking "ok, subtle and cheating aren't really the same thing.....are they?"

I think I was trying to make sure that I wasn't crazy more than anything else.

(Daisy....not a word about the crazy comment, ok???) LOL :boff:

:doh:

MadMonk
09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
To hijack a line from Tolkien, I think "Do not meddle in the affairs of women , for they are subtle and quick to anger" fits nicely. :p

Leon
09-09-2005, 02:30 PM
N0 kidding, Monk!

sweetdaisy
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
To hijack a line from Tolkien, I think "Do not meddle in the affairs of women , for they are subtle and quick to anger" fits nicely. :p

NICE, MadMonk. :p

Karried
09-09-2005, 07:25 PM
LOl, you are cracking me up ... I thought I had one too many .... subtle cheating? thanks for clearing it all up!!

I think women can be subtle but are afraid to be apparent so that men won't think they are 'too forward' .. here's the way I think women show interest:

Direct eye contact - looking at you and not scanning the room for other available men

Laughing at your jokes - and not rolling their eyes

Leaning into you

Listening to your every word

Flipping their hair and smiling

Asking questions about you and your interests

Introducing you to their friends

Asking for your number

Asking you to dance

Wanting to hang out with you

( I met my husband 20 years ago at a lake, I had on my itsy bitsy white bikini, he had these incredible eyes, we talked, I forgot my sunglasses in my car, he walked up a steep hill covered with sharp rocks to get them, we drank a few wine coolers, we laughed, he called the next day - 8 times, plus he was gorgeous, still is... nothing beats attraction - when it's there, it's there)

But I think you can help make it 'there'.... present your best self and be a good person.

Spookytourchick
09-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I am a woman.. and I do consider myself to be subtle... in todays standards that means that I am a "lady"... Im not going to drink too much and hang on strangers.

I will give the smiles and if he's talking to me and im really interested I will be attentive. If im not interested I will just look away and talk to my friends.

I think men think women should be not shy or act like ladies these days. I still see the problem. Everywhere I go they want women who pretty much move in with them.
No room to have mystery anymore and sure no room to be ones self. If you act like a respectful lady (NOT uptight) those women are ignored, even in the grocery store.

I still have not got the hang of telling a guy at Target in passing "Your hot"... ummm, it will never happen.
SMile and maybe a wink yes, but thats always as far as it gets.

MadMonk
09-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I am a woman.. and I do consider myself to be subtle... in todays standards that means that I am a "lady"... Im not going to drink too much and hang on strangers.

I will give the smiles and if he's talking to me and im really interested I will be attentive. If im not interested I will just look away and talk to my friends.

I think men think women should be not shy or act like ladies these days. I still see the problem. Everywhere I go they want women who pretty much move in with them.
No room to have mystery anymore and sure no room to be ones self. If you act like a respectful lady (NOT uptight) those women are ignored, even in the grocery store.

I still have not got the hang of telling a guy at Target in passing "Your hot"... ummm, it will never happen.
SMile and maybe a wink yes, but thats always as far as it gets.

Maybe us guys have lost the ability to descern those little subtleties. Its too bad really. I was raised for much of my youth in the "southern tradition" (being from SC), and that included lessons on being a gentleman. Not just on the practicalities like opening doors or seating the lady at the table, but also on the more esoteric things such as assuming the girl is a lady and treating her as such - at least until proven otherwise. Sadly, I think much of that is missing in men these days and they don't know how much it means to their opposites.

Leon
09-15-2005, 12:34 AM

I still have not got the hang of telling a guy at Target in passing "Your hot"... ummm, it will never happen. SMile and maybe a wink yes, but thats always as far as it gets.

So.....What's a man to say after she's answer his question about how to make mashed potatos?

Spookytourchick
09-15-2005, 06:28 AM
hahahahaha!

mranderson
09-15-2005, 06:54 AM
So.....What's a man to say after she's answer his question about how to make mashed potatos?

I do not get the mashed potatos bit.

Karried
09-15-2005, 07:36 AM

Ask for her gravy recipe :hungry: