View Full Version : Star Wars to be released in Digital HD on April 10th

Tydude
04-06-2015, 08:44 PM
The Star Wars Digital Movie Collection Coming April 10 | StarWars.com (http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-digital-movie-collection-coming-april-10)

SoonerDave
04-07-2015, 06:54 AM
It's amazing to see what a tremendous job Disney is doing to promote and bring new, fresh life and vision to Star Wars. As a fan of Star Trek, however, it also makes me sad to see how Paramount seems to be bungling the upcoming 50th anniversary of Star Trek. Nothing against Star Wars, but it's just sad to see all the potential just kinda slipping away for Trek, with the overhaul of writers, delay in the production of the 3rd JJ reboot movie, and what seems to be an overall sense of "meh" from Paramount about it.

hoya
04-07-2015, 09:34 AM
The Star Wars Digital Movie Collection Coming April 10 | StarWars.com (http://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-digital-movie-collection-coming-april-10)

Is this the good version or the Lucased version?

bchris02
04-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Is this the good version or the Lucased version?

It's going to be the Blu-ray rips.

Regarding the enhanced special editions vs the original theatrical editions, I can see both perspectives. I wish they would just settle this once and for all and release a boxed set that contains both versions.

traxx
04-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Not interested until they also offer the OT as it was originally theatrically released and in pristine condition.

Urbanized
04-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Han shot first.

Snowman
04-08-2015, 12:31 AM
It's amazing to see what a tremendous job Disney is doing to promote and bring new, fresh life and vision to Star Wars. As a fan of Star Trek, however, it also makes me sad to see how Paramount seems to be bungling the upcoming 50th anniversary of Star Trek. Nothing against Star Wars, but it's just sad to see all the potential just kinda slipping away for Trek, with the overhaul of writers, delay in the production of the 3rd JJ reboot movie, and what seems to be an overall sense of "meh" from Paramount about it.

While I understand where you are coming from, at least Paramount has been producing Star Trek movies recently and has more in the pipeline, CBS owns the rights for new Star Trek TV series and has not done anything with that for a decade now.

jn1780
04-08-2015, 07:33 AM
While I understand where you are coming from, at least Paramount has been producing Star Trek movies recently and has more in the pipeline, CBS owns the rights for new Star Trek TV series and has not done anything with that for a decade now.

What is considered canon now? The new Star Trek movies or the original TV series? Its kind of like Sony and Marvel when dealing with Spiderman. Sony is about to reboot Spiderman yet again so Spiderman can be part of the current Avenger universe.

bchris02
04-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Han shot first.

Greedo didn't even shoot.