View Full Version : The "Hidden Village" "Development"

RadicalModerate
04-05-2015, 10:07 PM
I stumbled onto the amusing bit of Internet flotsam and jetsam, linked, below, earlier today. It reminded me, somehow, of The Science of Urban (and SubUrban) Planning, Resource Manangement/Control, and the proposed/approved "Hidden Village" Development that is poised to happen on the semi-pristine plot of park and last vestage of a former dairy farm's meadow that I get to look at every day--in it's unspoiled beauty.

I have no axe to grind nor a whetstone upon which to sharpen it, still . . .

A Brief History of Houses Built Out of Spite - CityLab (http://www.citylab.com/housing/2014/07/a-brief-history-of-houses-built-out-of-spite/374331/)

On account of "a creek/waterway" runs through it, and about fifteen or twenty percent of the acreage is in a Federally Declared Flood/Wetland Zone, the "developer" was apparently granted a variance to pack in the houses closer together than what was previously considered acceptable, since, like . . . forever?

I'm simply posting this out of spite because one can't fight City Hall and The DeVelopers always win in terms of building houses and other structures that destroy natural watersheds. Plus the fix is in. I will get over it.