View Full Version : Good, professional and reasonable hail dent removal?

BBatesokc
03-28-2015, 07:38 AM
Got about 7 (mostly barely noticeable) hail dents the other night during the storm.

Anyone have any experience with hail dent removal guys locally?

soonermike81
03-28-2015, 08:26 AM
There's a local auto mechanic at 30th and penn that has fixed issues on my crappy car for the past several years. They do a really good job and are pretty cheap compared to most other mechanics. They told me that they started doing hail repair a couple years ago. Not sure of pricing though, but I bet it will be reasonable.

ctchandler
03-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Got about 7 (mostly barely noticeable) hail dents the other night during the storm.

Anyone have any experience with hail dent removal guys locally?

BBatesokc,
August, 2013 I had $6,500 damage. Oklahoma Body Works at Northwest 63rd and Rockwell did a great job, my car looks like a new car. They thought they were going to have to replace the roof, but all the dents came out fine and they came in under their estimate when all was said and done.
C. T.

OKCRT
03-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Hail X they will come to you. Excellent! This guy has been doing it for years and gets the job done right.
www.hailx.com

Bits_Of_Real_Panther
03-30-2015, 12:22 AM
So, we've been looking and we want to buy a newer used car,but how does one tell if its been hail-damaged and/or fixed/prettified?

BBatesokc
03-30-2015, 05:04 AM
So, we've been looking and we want to buy a newer used car,but how does one tell if its been hail-damaged and/or fixed/prettified?

I always make sure to look at a car I'm considering buying in really good sunlight and from all angles (never on a cloudy day) - I've even been known to drive a used car through the car wash to make sure I'm seeing any flaws (like mismatched paint from bad repair jobs).

If there isn't any existing hail damage, I really don't know how you'd know if it had been repaired (does a Carfax show this is a dealer does it?). If the hail was bad you'd be able to find the drill holes under the hood's heat shield (if your car has a shield).

Fixed hail damage has never been a concern of mine.