View Full Version : Satellite Radio

mranderson
09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Shortly after I take delivery of my new car, I am planning on adding satellite radio. I feel both are the same (except for some slight programming differences.

I would like opinions as to what you think is the best one. XM or Sirius. And why?

okieopus
09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
I have and prefer Sirius, becuase of thier wide selection of Talk and Entertainment. Plus they have studios in New York so cool musicians are always doing concerts.

Both are good and Both have advantages.

dirtrider73068
09-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I liked xm's programs and there products over sirius. Xm's radios and add on's looked better than sirius's. Xm has a setup that I can hook up inside my house and still be able to listen to satillaite radio, instead of it being stuck inside the car. As I spend alot of my time around my house than driveing, so I want something I can hook up inside. BUt now that I have download winamp on my pc and can listen to any music I want for free I don't need sat radio. IMO xm stuff was cheaper than sirius's, and seemed easier to find xm's products than sirius. I can go to walmart and get anything xm but haven't seen sirius.

gqofoklahoma
09-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Sirius is soooo much better. I love having the NFL and NBA Sports Programming. You get every NFL Game and a seperate NFL Station that talks NFL 24/7. You get alot of NBA Games, and college football. The Music Channels are good, there are ones run by Jimmy Buffet (margaritaville radio), an elvis radio station, seperate talk stations for liberals and conservatives, and thats just the beginning. I own stock in sirius...and its a great company. I have XM in my 2004 Accord (came factory) but dont enjoy it as much. Check out this great website siriusbackstage
It gives you all the information you need for sirius. Some people prefer XM, but due to the sports content, Talk Radio, and stations like margaritaville and the Big 80's...sirius is definately my choice for satellite radio.

Jay
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I am an XM subscriber both services have thier positives and negatives. Its just a matter of personal taste. The same reason why some people drive Chevy's, and Ford's while others drive Toyota's and Honda's.

I have had XM since they set up shop in OKC. I was probably one of the first subscribers. I think its cool how they started in the beginning with 100 channels of trial content with less than 100,000 listeners. Now thier approaching over 4 million and counting.

I read in a press release XM plans on offering twice if not three times the content with in the next five years. Which does not suprise me since clear channel and GM both own a significant amount of XM stock.

I have even heard through the rumor mill that XM and Sirius might merge. I find that highly unlikely because there is a night and day difference in each companies customers.

XM probably has more music/talk listeners, while Sirius listeners tend to be sports fanatics more than anything else.

The reason I say that is because every Sirius customer I know bought it for the sports coverage. Most state they are sick of hearing about OU and Golf all the time on the Sports Animal.

dirtrider73068
09-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Thats me I rather hear my music then listen to someone gripe and complain how bada sports team or player did in the game I just saw. I want music, talk radio is for the birds.

Winterhawk
09-27-2005, 03:27 PM
I have XM Satellite radio. They carry more sports, and have a better variety of music IMHO. If your primary focus is Pro Football that Sirius might be the way to go, but I love baseball and now I get everygame on XM plus Big Ten College sports so I can stay up on my beloved Nittany Lions.