View Full Version : Downtown OKC Pictures

Just the facts
03-18-2015, 08:14 PM
While out on a short walk I snapped some pictures of downtown. Enjoy.

Downtown OKC Slideshow by KerryinJax | Photobucket (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/KerryinJax/slideshow/OKC%20Stuff/Downtown%20OKC)

ljbab728
03-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Kerry, those are some great pics with interesting and unique perspectives.

Teo9969
03-18-2015, 11:02 PM
Broadway and Park Avenue looking West is probably the only vista in OKC that makes me feel like I'm in a big city.

Bellaboo
03-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Broadway and Park Avenue looking West is probably the only vista in OKC that makes me feel like I'm in a big city.

I think Harvey looking south from the post office is awesome too.

RadicalModerate
03-19-2015, 07:11 AM
Nice work. Thanks.

Spartan
03-19-2015, 07:11 AM
While out on a short walk I snapped some pictures of downtown. Enjoy.

Downtown OKC Slideshow by KerryinJax | Photobucket (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/KerryinJax/slideshow/OKC%20Stuff/Downtown%20OKC)

Great pics. It's interesting that while you mostly promote walkable urbanism, your photo lens stays pointed mostly up at towers, and you stayed in the CBD core rather than the more walkable-scaled areas that have pedestrian life.

Just the facts
03-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Great pics. It's interesting that while you mostly promote walkable urbanism, your photo lens stays pointed mostly up at towers, and you stayed in the CBD core rather than the more walkable-scaled areas that have pedestrian life.

That wasn't an accident. For some reason the tops of the towers is what most people want to see so that is what I photographed. Also, there simply are not people on the sidewalks downtown. At 5:30 it is like the TV show 'Life After People'. And I don't want to hear anymore about the Conncourse not having a effect because so far I have counted 41 businesses thay have a door to the concourse but not to the sidewalk.

Since I will have a lot of free time on my hands over the next few months I am thinking about doing some themed sets on each downtown district. For example, downtown has lots of public clocks and I have already photographed most of them. When I get the remaining ones I know of I will post them.

Just the facts
03-19-2015, 08:11 AM
I have also noticed some oddities, like how 20 N. Broadway (Continental Oil) doesn't have an entrance that faces Broadway. There are 5 ways into that building and only 1 faces a street.