View Full Version : IQC Placemaking Conference

ouiqc
03-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Many people here at OKCTalk might be interested in this event at OU with several high-profile experts speaking on topics that are commonly discussed here.

The event is open to the public and registration is complementary.

Register and view the detailed schedule here: iqc.ou.edu/conference (http://iqc.ou.edu/conference)

Mariela Alfonzo, founder of State of Place, is an expert in the relationship between built environment and behavior.
Candy Chang, an artist and urban planner, transforms places with interactive art like the Before I Die Wall.
Carol Coletta with the Knight Foundation is a leader in creative placemaking, public art, and talent retention.
Dr. Karen Lee, M.D., a global health and built environment advisor, examines how the built environment impacts chronic health issues.
Vincent LoVoi, publisher of This Land Press, is a Tulsa entrepreneur known for place-based investments like the McNellie's Group of local restaurants.
Chuck Marohn, founder of Strong Towns, is an engineer, city planner, and expert on how cities can become more fiscally resilient.
Tripp Muldrow, principal at Arnett Muldrow & Associates, is a downtown development and community branding professional who has worked in 300 communities in 30 states.
Tom Murphy, senior fellow at the Urban Land Institute led Pittsburgh's revitalization through innovative partnerships during his term as mayor.
Gil Peñalosa, founder of 8-80 Cities, is a global expert on making cities work for people all ages. As Parks Commissioner of Bogotá, he pioneered Ciclovía, where a million city residents walk, bike, run, and skate on 121 kilometers of city streets every Sunday.
Jeffrey Tumlin, principal at Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates, is a transportation planner and expert on the balance between livability and parking.

Rover
03-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Went last year. It was excellent.

AP
03-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Really wish I could get off of work for this :(

Snowman
03-11-2015, 06:16 PM
The sessions from 2013 are on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8gKx3oVk0mwjX3-QOiKe_xLBYgujuMIF

Spartan
03-11-2015, 07:09 PM
I know Carol Coletta from when she was at CEOs for Cities.

Rover
03-23-2015, 03:24 PM
At the sessions now. Very good.

shawnw
03-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes it was mostly awesome.

LakeEffect
03-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Yes it was mostly awesome.

Mostly. The A/V issues were odd... heard it was not their standard A/V company, and w/ Boren being there, I bet that company won't be invited back. :)

Charles Marohn was my favorite, but that's probably because he's an AICP/PE just like me, so I really connect to what he says.