View Full Version : 140th and South Western

xa3021
03-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Noticed a lot of dirt work happening at 140th and South Western. Was wondering if anyone knew what was going on? Looked like it might, possibly, be just a new neighborhood, but I couldn't find any information on here. Anyone happen to know?

baralheia
03-05-2015, 04:38 PM
I am relatively sure this is going to be a new single-family home development. I don't have the same kind of access to info that Pete does, but from what I can find, that parcel is fairly big, and appears to be owned by Shaz Investment Group, LLC. I think SIG is Home Creations, as SIG's address is the same as the Home Creations office off of Broadway in Moore, on the East side of I-35 at the Shields junction.

The north half of this parcel appears to have been the Moore campus of the former Villa Teresa Catholic School... The 10,679 sq ft building, built in 1960, was abandoned somewhere around 2011-2012 and looks to be in pretty rough shape already, as can be seen on it's Abandoned OK page: Villa Teresa Catholic School | Abandoned Oklahoma (http://www.abandonedok.com/villa-teresa-catholic-school/)

Interestingly, this parcel appears to be zoned Misc Commercial, but I am not sure that data is accurate.

Pete
03-05-2015, 04:57 PM
^

That's a pretty darn good job of research!

Thanks for all that info.

baralheia
03-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks! Most of that data is from the Cleveland Country Assessor's Office, Google Earth Pro's US Parcel Data layer, and Google searches. I'm fairly new at finding and pulling this kind of info together, so hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps on this one.

xa3021
03-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info! Was hoping for something a little more interesting, but figured it was just housing! You guys do great at finding information for everyone! Thank you for all that you do!

Roger S
03-06-2015, 10:04 AM
I am relatively sure this is going to be a new single-family home development.

You are correct.

baralheia
03-06-2015, 12:55 PM
You are correct.

Good to know! Just curious, how did you discover this? Are there signs posted on this parcel now?

Roger S
03-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Good to know! Just curious, how did you discover this? Are there signs posted on this parcel now?

I'm involved in the project but can't tell you anymore than I already have.

baralheia
03-06-2015, 01:14 PM
I'm involved in the project but can't tell you anymore than I already have.

Ah, I gotcha. Thanks for the confirmation that I was on the right track with residential, though!

SOONER8693
03-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I teach at Westmoore High and live west of the location of which you are speaking. My youngest daughter went through Villa Theresa, and we were very disappointed to see it close. I drive by there almost daily. Several weeks ago, there was sign in front of Villa, that said, Future Home of Oklahoma School of Farsi. Yesterday, I noticed the sign was gone. The posts it was on, still there, sign gone. Maybe the weather took it, I don't know.

seaofchange
03-09-2015, 04:12 PM
The property is a part of PUD-1480 and this zoning was approved on July 2nd, 2013 and information can be found in the May 9th, 2013 Planning Commission Meeting...

The proposed PUD can be viewed here (http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/meeting.aspx?cabinet=published_meetings&docid=49887). It states "C. REASON FOR THE REQUEST
The developer proposes single family residential, zero lot line residential, duplex
residential and commercial development on this property."

The only thing is, if you look at the minutes, the proposal was denied. I havent been able to find the approved proposal as of yet - the city website is being super slow.

baralheia
03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Good find, seaofchange! Looks like the proposed development was to be called Palermo Place.

The rejection in May appears to have been because Shaz/Home Creations designed the neighborhood without taking into account the oil wells and other petroleum equipment already on the property, but like you, I can't find the approved proposal because the City's site is being stupid slow.

EDIT: I can't figure out why the uploaded picture is so small; the screenshot I took is quite a bit larger than it appears on here. Weird.