View Full Version : Edmond couple plan petition for partisan city elections

jerrywall
02-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Edmond couple plan petition for partisan city elections | News OK (http://newsok.com/edmond-couple-plan-petition-for-partisan-city-elections/article/5394042)

Boo! I don't know why we need to bring in partisan politics into city elections. It doesn't matter to me if a councilman or mayor in Edmond is Republican, Democrat, or Whatever.

TexanOkie
02-18-2015, 02:17 PM
The conservative/liberal divide in municipal politics doesn't track the national divide very well, either. I don't think this has been thought through all the way (except maybe as a way to keep anyone who affiliates themselves with the Democratic Party from holding any office in Edmond--try reading the "Edmond Republican GROUP" page on Facebook, and you'll see this rationale).

onthestrip
02-23-2015, 09:45 AM
With what partisan politics has done to progress on the national and state level, I cant imagine why anyone would want to make city elections partisan. Its just foolish to think that voters need to see a R or D next to a name to think they are better for their city. This is totally unnecessary.

boscorama
02-23-2015, 07:48 PM
What needs to happen is an end to straight party option on ballots.