View Full Version : Heart Broken...

Karried
09-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Is anyone else here having a hard time after watching the hurricane coverage - especially of the animals?

It's almost unbearable to think of the fear and suffering that they have endured.

mranderson
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
What breaks my heart is the amount of coverage. I am sorry, people. I am tired of it.

PUGalicious
09-07-2005, 04:19 PM
What breaks my heart is the amount of coverage. I am sorry, people. I am tired of it.
Then turn the channel.

PUGalicious
09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Is anyone else here having a hard time after watching the hurricane coverage - especially of the animals?

It's almost unbearable to think of the fear and suffering that they have endured.
Yes, I am.

Keith
09-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Yes, I am.
Me too. It breaks my heart to see all the pain and suffering, however, I keep on watching it so that I can be informed on what is going on. I am also logging on to CNN, and getting my updates from them.

mranderson
09-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Then turn the channel.

Excuse me, however, I never said I watched it. I am just tired of the coverage. Thank you.

PUGalicious
09-09-2005, 04:09 AM
If you don't watch it, then how can you tire of the coverage?

sweetdaisy
09-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Why does every thread have to turn into a bickering match? It's getting old!

Yes, Karried, I am also having a very difficult time with it. As an avid animal lover, it's been heartbreaking to me to see these poor animals suffering and turned away by the rescuers until just recently. My pets are members of my family, and there is no way I would just up and leave them in a time of disaster.

mranderson
09-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Why does every thread have to turn into a bickering match? It's getting old!

Yes, Karried, I am also having a very difficult time with it. As an avid animal lover, it's been heartbreaking to me to see these poor animals suffering and turned away by the rescuers until just recently. My pets are members of my family, and there is no way I would just up and leave them in a time of disaster.

I am afraid I started that with a simple comment, and a certain member decided to go from there. I appologize. Yes. My heart goes out to those pets who will not survive and those who will be seperated from their families.

sweetdaisy
09-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I was just reading on CNN.com that organizations like Best Friends of Animals and the ASPCA have been really great about getting into the Gulf Coast areas to resuce the pets, etc. It's obvious that many have died, but it sounds as if more have been resuced than have perished. What a relief. And, there are numerous websites that have cropped up in order to reunite evacuees and their animals.