View Full Version : Tom's Formal Wear - Closed!

SoonerDave
02-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Just driving by the Tom's Formal Wear location on SW 74th in the Southern Hills Shopping Center, and noticed this sign:"

"Tom's Formal Wear is officially closed!"

The sign noted that any current orders had been transferred to a different rental service.

There was a sheriff's notice taped to the door giving rights back to the landlord, so I'm assuming they've been behind on rent and/or have sales tax issues.

Martin
02-10-2015, 08:01 AM
ouch. i'd really like to see some new life breathed into that shopping center. it received a nice update in the early 90's and it's about time for another one. -M

SoonerDave
02-10-2015, 09:16 AM
ouch. i'd really like to see some new life breathed into that shopping center. it received a nice update in the early 90's and it's about time for another one. -M

That Northern Tool outlet just went in a couple of years ago, and the flooring store seems to be doing well, but I'd love to see something a bit more substantive take the place of that odd little novelty store that I think has "Horses" or something in its name. When that center was renovated from it's old TG&Y days and housed that big pharmacy chain that went bankrupt (PHAR-MOR, I think), it was really pretty nice.

GOLFUSA continues to hang around, but their space is kinda non-descript and out of the way. The Payless Eyeglass store is gone, think it has been for some time. They're in the old Bijan Computers space from about five or six years back (maybe more).