View Full Version : Google Earth Pro is now free!

Plutonic Panda
02-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Get Google Earth Pro for free - CNET (http://www.cnet.com/news/get-google-earth-pro-for-free/)

What you maybe didn't know is that Google has long offered a Pro version of Earth as well, one that cost a hefty $399 per year. Now, however, you can get Google Earth Pro absolutely free.

First things first: The words "free trial" still appear in that URL, but as you'll see when you click through to the sign-up page, "Sign up is no longer required for Google Earth Pro." All you have to do is download the installer, run it, then sign in using your e-mail address (as your username) and license code GEPFREE.

Second things second: Do you really need this? Probably not, as Pro was created with business/enterprise users in mind -- but it does afford some pretty cool extras not found in the free version, including:

Advanced measurements: Measure parking lots and land developments with polygon area measure, or determine affected radius with circle measure.
High-resolution printing: Print images up to 4,800 x 3,200 pixel resolution.
Exclusive pro data layers: Demographics, parcels, and traffic count.
Spreadsheet import: Ingest up to 2,500 addresses at a time, assigning place marks and style templates in bulk.
Movie-Maker: Export Windows Media and QuickTime HD movies, up to 1,920x1,080-pixel resolution.

CuatrodeMayo
02-03-2015, 12:11 PM
That's awesome!

No more stitching multiple images together in photoshop for me, lol.

Plutonic Panda
02-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Here is the direct link to the installer: Google Earth (http://www.google.com/intl/en/earth/download/gep/agree.html)

Pete
02-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Awesome!

I was an early adopter before the technology was acquired by Google. It started out as Keyhole and I even paid a small subscription price for access.

Thanks for sharing this -- love CNET as well.

OKCisOK4me
02-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Awesome!

I was an early adopter before the technology was acquired by Google. It started out as Keyhole

I never knew of this Keyhole but there was a aerial photo page called Terra Earth, IIRC, that I absolutely loved!