View Full Version : 2015 OKC Energy FC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Tydude
01-31-2015, 10:16 AM
Any minute now USL Pro will announced the Home Opener for Energy FC. Complete Schedule will be released on Monday

Tydude
01-31-2015, 10:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8scwmzIEAEqG9O.jpg

bradh
01-31-2015, 12:20 PM
damn, that late because they are finishing up Taft?

C. B.
01-31-2015, 08:48 PM
Excited to road trip to Tulsa to spoil their home opener!
Seattle at home will be fun too. Ready for beer at Taft!

elitespy
02-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Full Schedule

http://odfcnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Screen-Shot-2015-02-02-at-11.45.47-AM.png

dankrutka
02-02-2015, 12:48 PM
It would really be fun to see OKC and Tulsa fans travelling up and down the turnpike for road games.

elitespy
02-02-2015, 12:53 PM
It would really be fun to see OKC and Tulsa fans travelling up and down the turnpike for road games.

Already a group of us going. We are looking into getting a bus.

Dave Cook
02-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Imagine the reaction of some of those visiting players when they pull up to Taft Stadium and the North May area. Will probably remind them of Nicaragua.

Scottsdale Community College and the UBC campus in Vancouver are very nice areas.

Tydude
02-02-2015, 05:49 PM
For some odd reason we only playing 2 teams from the Eastern Conference this year.I wish we get to play all the teams like MLS does.Hopefully one day USLP pro can expand the season into November and December

AP
02-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Renewed my season tickets yesterday. Excited for the season!

AP
02-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Will probably remind them of Nicaragua.

I may be daft, but I'm not sure what you mean by this?

bradh
02-03-2015, 08:44 AM
For some odd reason we only playing 2 teams from the Eastern Conference this year.I wish we get to play all the teams like MLS does.Hopefully one day USLP pro can expand the season into November and December

New format, trying to reduce traveling for all teams involved (although the west is so huge it's still a lot of travel)

Plutonic Panda
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I may be daft, but I'm not sure what you mean by this?Well, this is a picture of Nicaragua

http://www.moustachemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/sarahcapecci.com_.jpg

so take that for what it is worth.

borchard
02-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Well so is this
So take it for what it's worth

Plutonic Panda
02-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Well so is this
So take it for what it's worthOK. This is the Magnolia Housing Project in New Orleans:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7763959_f520.jpg

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/10/large_peete.JPG

So I'm not sure what your point is. My point is, is that first picture I showed you is in Nicaragua and if May Ave. reminds you of that, than you have an interesting way of seeing things.

kwhey
02-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Got my season tickets today.

Plutonic Panda
02-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Got my season tickets today.
Dang man. I was sure you were going to preorder the Thunder Tickets for the next 3 years instead. ;)

kwhey
02-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Dang man. I was sure you were going to preorder the Thunder Tickets for the next 3 years instead. ;)

I'd rather have a buffalo
Take a diarrhea dump in my ear
I'd rather eat the rotten asshole
Of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer.

AP
02-15-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd rather have a buffalo
Take a diarrhea dump in my ear
I'd rather eat the rotten asshole
Of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer.

Uh....

kwhey
02-16-2015, 05:11 AM
Uh....Angry Video Game Nerd theme song.

C. B.
02-18-2015, 04:03 PM
The Energy are playing in a preseason tournament in Florida. Tonight they face Toronto FC from MLS. US Mens National Team members Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore will both start for Toronto. Here is a livestream link if anyone is interested in watching.
IMG Suncoast Pro Classic Livestream - Stadium | IMG Academy (http://www.imgacademy.com/img-suncoast-pro-classic-livestream-stadium)

AP
02-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm planning on watching.

Laramie
02-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Final: USL-Pro Oklahoma City Energy 1 - MLS Toronto FC 0

bradh
02-18-2015, 07:29 PM
preseason, but they withstood a ton of pressure throughout and even displayed some of their own, not a bad first showing of the yeaer

AP
02-19-2015, 04:22 AM
Can someone tell me when we signed Evan Newton? As far as I knew, we only had Ray Clark and then Newton started in goal last night. Apparently he flew into Bradenton yesterday afternoon before the game.

John Knight
02-24-2015, 11:18 AM
If you haven't heard of The Grid (Energy FC Supporters Group), please read this post:

1) If you are looking to buy season tickets with The Grid, you must purchase them through our website.
2) We are organizing a road trip to Tulsa on March 28th for the season opener.
3) We are selling the 2015 scarves through our shop and our tee/tanks through MENT Apparel (http://www.mentapparel.com/).

I would suggest you follow us on social media to find out the latest about special events, road trips, discounts, etc.

Website (http://www.okcgrid.com/blog/2015/01/01/welcome-to-2015/)
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/EnergyFCSupporters)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/thegridokc)

If you have any questions about The Grid, please PM us on Facebook and one of our officers will reply ASAP.

Thanks,
John

AP
02-24-2015, 11:20 AM
I wasn't able to make it to Skinny Slim's this weekend because I was out of town and I was under the impression that purchased season tickets were being delivered there? Where can I pick them up if I missed out?

John Knight
02-24-2015, 11:27 AM
I wasn't able to make it to Skinny Slim's this weekend because I was out of town and I was under the impression that purchased season tickets were being delivered there? Where can I pick them up if I missed out?

We will hand out season tickets once we get them from the front office.

We were handing out member badges to those who have purchased season tickets through The Grid (includes membership) or stand-alone memberships. We can always give you your badge at one of the matches or watch parties we host.

AP
03-10-2015, 08:21 AM
2015 USL Preview: OKC Energy FC - United Soccer League (http://www.uslsoccer.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209948390&DB_OEM_ID=32800)

bradh
03-10-2015, 09:09 AM
So glad to hear that Christian Duke is back. If I'm remembering correctly, I think Newton had a pretty good outing vs. us last year.

C. B.
03-16-2015, 09:15 AM
Had a good time at the scrimmage Saturday night at Casady. 3-0 victory over Univ. of Nebraska - Omaha. Good to see the new guys starting to work together with the guys from last year.
One more scrimmage next Saturday, then onto the season at Tulsa.

OKCretro
03-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Saw that Minnesota is getting a MLS team.

The energy will be the highest level we will see in soccer.

Don't let the masses fool you with the "stadium talk"

Plutonic Panda
03-23-2015, 05:10 PM
For what it's worth, I'm moving to LA to pursue a passion for acting. If I make it big time, I will build a stadium for OKC that you can believe! :)

elitespy
03-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Speaking of stadiums, has anybody driven by Taft lately? I need to go by and see how it looks.

bradh
03-23-2015, 07:43 PM

And if we never get MLS, I'm perfectly fine with it, and will still continue to be an Energy season ticket holder.

borchard
03-24-2015, 07:01 AM
Speaking of stadiums, has anybody driven by Taft lately? I need to go by and see how it looks.

I drive it by it almost every day. I could be wrong, but i don't see how it is going to be ready for the opening game. The press box still has no walls

John Knight
03-24-2015, 01:18 PM

There are some rumors floating around that it will not be finished by opening night (4/18). I certainly hope that these are just rumors.

They have a lot of work to do in less than a month.

Laramie
03-24-2015, 02:27 PM

Great for Minnesota (Minneapolis); they will make a great addition to MLS. Bloomington, MN use to be the 'go to' city for NFL, MLB & NHL shared by the twin cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul). Now, Minneapolis host NFL, MLB & NBA while St. Paul is the host city for the NHL.

As far as the stadium talk, our city could use a venue of MLS specifications 18,000 minimum seats. Like when we built the Chesapeake Energy Arena; it is used for other events besides NBA basketball.

Soccer specific stadiums are used for American football which would cover events like the state high school playoffs and championship game; exhibition football games, concerts, large religious gatherings & a number of events etc...

And if we never get MLS, I'm perfectly fine with it, and will still continue to be an Energy season ticket holder.

Agree!

Whether or not the Funks-McLaughlin group proceed with plans to build their own private SSS or partner with the city to build something on the level of an MLS ready venue, OKC could use it's own stadium for a number of events.

Must admit that the Funks' doesn't have a rosy track record with a previous event and franchises they have owned or been associated with like IGA Women's Tennis, Oklahoma RedHawks (AAA baseball), Oklahoma City Blazers and Barons hockey teams. So far, IMO they have done an outstanding job with the Oklahoma City Energy FC and the PBR (bull riders) OKC tour through Express Sports. Taft Stadium will be the gauge to see how far they move OKC into the soccer spectrum.

Oklahoma City could use a stadium in the 20,000 plus seat range; therefore, if you have owners who want to move to the next level, why not build a facility to accommodate events that could make an 'economic impact' and/or enhance the 'Big League' image of our city.

The NBA Thunder have done more to market OKC's image than any marketing & advertising package you could have purchased on New York's Madison Avenue.

borchard
03-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Whether or not the Funks-McLaughlin group proceed with plans to build their own private SSS or partner with the city to build something on the level of an MLS ready venue, OKC could use it's own stadium for a number of events. .
One report I read said that by 2020(?) every USL team has to be in a stadium of their own. Has anyone else heard this?

borchard
03-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Actually it was on Wikipedia;

All USL teams will be required to play in self-owned, soccer-specific stadiums by the 2020 season.
so take it for what it's worth, i guess.

dankrutka
03-24-2015, 10:03 PM
If OKC did build a 20,000 seat downtown stadium I wonder if they could attract a small college bowl game... Probably not as most bowl games seek out warmer weather, but it'd be a neat addition of so...

borchard
03-25-2015, 10:13 AM
I would think we could almost definitely get something like the NAIA, or NCAA Div 3 Nat'l Championship. The Div 2 Championship is currently at Toyota Park in Frisco. it would be awesome to steal it from them

borchard
03-25-2015, 10:14 AM
BTW, I drove by CB Speegle Stadium (Taft's Southside twin) today. It looks completely finished.

borchard
03-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Well, I JUST drove by Taft a few minutes ago and, like magic, there are all of a sudden a ton of green and white seats in place now. Press box is still very bare and the outside grounds are completely unfinished

John
03-25-2015, 02:47 PM
If OKC did build a 20,000 seat downtown stadium I wonder if they could attract a small college bowl game...

I could see a chance of the FCS Championship game moving here from Frisco, where they play at FC Dallas' Pizza Hut Park (20,500 cap.).

We (and the All Sports Association) have a good track record with 'minor' sport championships.

First comes a stadium, though...

Laramie
03-25-2015, 10:33 PM
I could see a chance of the FCS Championship game moving here from Frisco, where they play at FC Dallas' Pizza Hut Park (20,500 cap.).

We (and the All Sports Association) have a good track record with 'minor' sport championships.

First comes a stadium, though...

Oklahoma City's All Sports Association use to sponsor the All Sports Bowl; it was held for many years at Taft Stadium. I believe the final game was played in 1963.

http://unoalumni.org/Document.Doc?id=146

C. B.
03-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Here is a picture of the seat installation from yesterday.

AP
03-26-2015, 09:10 AM
That's pretty cool.

elitespy
03-26-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm getting real excited for the home opener. I wish I could go to Tulsa for the season opener but things just didn't work out. Seems like they are gonna have close to 80 to 100 energy fans there, should be a good time.

Tydude
03-27-2015, 04:31 PM
I'm getting real excited for the home opener. I wish I could go to Tulsa for the season opener but things just didn't work out. Seems like they are gonna have close to 80 to 100 energy fans there, should be a good time.

I will be in Tulsa for the match tomorrow night

Tydude
03-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Energy FC (http://www.energyfc.com/news/bob-bartley-electric-partners-with-okc-energy-fc/)

OKLAHOMA CITY – The community support for OKC Energy FC continues to expand. Bob Bartley Electric is the latest Oklahoma company to join the prestigious group of partners for Energy FC.

“We have experience with Bob Bartley Electric from a consumer side in previous endeavors with the soccer team. We know they provide the workmanship and service we would expect on our projects,” said Prodigal President Jeff Ewing. “As our soccer team continues to grow, a key for that continued growth is the continued support from our corporate community. Thanks to the team at Bob Bartley Electric for joining our team.”

Bob Bartley Electric is a family-owned construction and maintenance corporation specializing in oilfield, industrial and commercial sectors.

“I am thrilled and honored to have Energy FC and everyone at Prodigal call me their partner,” said Bob Bartley Electric president Donna Bartley-Clark. “I’m excited for this upcoming season.”

Energy FC opens its season on the road against their in-state rival the Tulsa Roughnecks on March 28. The team’s home opener is April 18 against Seattle Sounders 2 at historic Taft Stadium.

Laramie
03-27-2015, 07:40 PM
'Taft on Draft'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jwnJB_OvNjQ
Wow! Will this be a game-changer for OKC Energy FC?

AP
03-28-2015, 07:54 AM
Really wish I could make it to Tulsa for the game today. Will definitely be watching at Skinny Slim's though.

Jake
03-28-2015, 06:17 PM
I must say, ONEOK Field and the Tulsa skyline looks really good on the stream (even if the audio is slow on the feed). Seems like a really fun atmosphere there. Good to see this rivalry get started.

Jake
03-28-2015, 06:18 PM
The these two playing in a soccer specific stadium would look even better though...

Laramie
03-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Nice crowd, probably around 5,000 in the 7,800 seat ONEOK Field. Roughnecks are aggressive. Tulsa has really gone all out to make their 1st regular season game against OKC a success.

Energy FC scores the first goal around the 44th minute; lead 1-0 at half.

Energy FC played a very passive game the first half. Maybe they will come out and take it to Tulsa in the 2nd half.

Laramie
03-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Final:

Oklahoma City Energy FC 1 - Tulsa Roughnecks 1

Official sellout in Tulsa; 8,335 at ONEOK Park.

bradh
03-28-2015, 08:46 PM
What's up with no Danny Delgado or Kyle Greig tonight? Final third play left a lot to be desired (carryover from last season)

shavethewhales
03-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Very interesting game last night. I didn't expect a huge turnout, but the place felt pretty crowded even though a lot of the seats were never full. I think everyone bought the cheap greens section tickets, then just wandered the stadium during the game. There are lots of places to stand and have great views. I'll be very interested to see if the Roughneck's next two games are as successful with one being on a weeknight and the next being a weekend. I'll definitely be checking out an Energy game whenever Taft is ready.

OKC had a reasonable number of fans show up, and their "spirit" section easily rivaled the home spirit section of the Roughnecks. I think part of this is because they put the Roughneck's self-proclaimed spirit squad in it's own closed-off section of the park, and of course this was their first game. There's been some complaining about the OKC fans yelling obscenities. Most of the Roughnecks fans were young families. The OKC group definitely seemed more spirited.

AP
03-30-2015, 06:58 AM
The USL president mentioned in an interview after the game that he thought the Grid was better than the Roustabouts.